[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Adding friend who doesn't exist
Forum Index » Bug Reports
GameShaman

GameShaman

I recently had a friend buy Uniwar and was wondering if he had signed up for online play yet. I thought the easiest way would be to go to my friends list and add a friend by name. I typed in his usual user name "loser" and the request went through without any message, but "loser" did not show up on my "my friends" page. However, on my profile page, "loser" is listed under my friends.

I have no way to remove this entry from my friends list on my profile, as the only way to do this is to go to your "my friends" page and then remove them and "loser" does not show up here.

It is also an extra "friend" that I have to scroll through when setting up games.

Now that the bug is reported, what can I do to get rid of this fake "friend", that I assume isn't even a real user.

Thanks!
~Jeff
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
[Avatar]
Robin

[Avatar]
Robin

Well, I just checked, and there actually is a player named "loser".

So then the problem is why he's not appearing in your My Friends list. Can you provide more details about that screen? Do you have multiple pages in the list? Is anyone else missing from the list?
GameShaman

GameShaman

I do have to scroll a little on my "My Friends" page.

I have 9 friends listed (not including "loser").

I believe I had 2 fewer friends when I added him.

"loser" is the only one that does not appear.

"loser" also does not appear under my friends section of the ladder page of uniwar.com, but all of my other friends do.

Is it possible that by trying to add an account that didn't exist, that a shell of an account was created? Just a thought.
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
[Avatar]
Robin

[Avatar]
Robin

A user with the name "loser" does exist, but I'm not sure if it's the same loser as your friend. I have access to the email address he used to register, but I can't disclose that information here.

The reason you're not seeing loser in your My Friends, Top Friends, and website friend list is because he is an "inactive" player (he hasn't logged in in over 90 days). Inactive players are removed from My Friends, Top Friends, and the website friend list in order to prevent trying to invite them to games when they probably aren't actively playing.

My Profile, however, lists all friends, active or not.

We are considering including all friends in the My Friends and website friend list to avoid confusion like this in the future.
GameShaman

GameShaman

Well, he still shows up in my friend drop down when I'm setting up a new game, that seems to go against your reasoning. But either way, it would be nice to be able to somehow remove him/them.

And I know that it isn't my friend, that's why I don't want him on my friends list :p.

~Jeff
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Forum Index » Bug Reports