[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Blockers
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
SpaceWindude

[Avatar]
SpaceWindude

I've found an effective strategy against Sapiens particularly is the concept of blockers. A Pinzer can't attack back against a helicopter, but it can control territory, especially on a map like Volcano Isle. Garudas get shredded by a competent Sapiens player with mass helicopters, so you need to stake out your territory and hang onto it. This is particularly effective if you can hide a Wyrm behind your line as the Wyrm can move and shoot, unlike the Battery.

There is no pain, you are receding...
[WWW]
Anonymous

Anonymous
khraleans still suck against sapiens on most maps. 2 helis with 7 or 8 health can kill a healthy garuda, but 2 heathy garudas can't kill a healthy heli, even if they're across from each other. this game is completely out of whack and favors sapiens too much.
lion37

lion37

I always play Titans.

But decided to play Khrals for a while just to see if they are really as weak as everyone says.
I know all the tricks.
Swarming, buried underlings, healing, blockers, etc.

My conclusion so far is that Khrals suck.
They are getting killed by Saps, and can barely hold out against a good Titan player.

Seriously - everyone used to say how well balanced this game is.
I comletely disagree - its not balanced at all.
Anonymous

Anonymous
it's so sad that 2 marauders can inflict 7 or 8 damage to a garuda, but 2 swarmers have virtually no effect on a heli. hell, even 1 garuda and 2 swarmers can only inflict about 5 damage to a heli. and a heli can take about 8 off a swarmer, yet a garuda can only take about 4 off a marauder. khraleans vs sapiens is so mismatched, it's pointless. this game sucks.
lion37

lion37

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08, 2009 19:35

Anonymous

Anonymous
Why does it matter to you so much?
santimun

santimun

Lion how do you feel about the balance now? They've really toned down the Sapiens to a much more even level. They used to be my favorite team but now that they're not so overpowered (heli's would dominate all) I've been trying out the Khraleans more and now like them (burrowing kicks ass).

I think Krahleans as a whole are pretty balanced. Yeah swarmers are weak but they're also super cheap and are distance shooters. And my recommendation for handling Titan plasma tank is a group of Garudas since tanks inflict more damage on Pinzers than they do Garudas. So you can either attack with more Garudas or use them as a wall with an Infector behind it while you build up to spawn a Wyrm. I've noticed that slows down Titans big time, unless they spawn a Walker, which then your screwed anyway because by the time you reach it you will have been beaten down to a 1 or 2. Walkers are overpowered in big money maps cause they have the longest distance so its way to tempting to just play conservative.
Anonymous

Anonymous
The purpose of the Underling's bury ability is to kill walkers lol. Two of those will be able to take down a Walker in one turn. If you have a free turn, make sure you make a couple so you can prepare yourself for them.

Also, you have to realize that Garudas do less damage to GHs than Pinzers do. Your best option for PTs is obviously the Wyrm, but if you can't get one out early enough, stall with a Pinzer/Infector (13 Defense and +6 Repair is a tank to be reckoned with).
lion37

lion37

santimun wrote: Lion how do you feel about the balance now? They've really toned down the Sapiens to a much more even level. They used to be my favorite team but now that they're not so overpowered (heli's would dominate all) I've been trying out the Khraleans more and now like them (burrowing kicks ass).

I think Krahleans as a whole are pretty balanced. Yeah swarmers are weak but they're also super cheap and are distance shooters. And my recommendation for handling Titan plasma tank is a group of Garudas since tanks inflict more damage on Pinzers than they do Garudas. So you can either attack with more Garudas or use them as a wall with an Infector behind it while you build up to spawn a Wyrm. I've noticed that slows down Titans big time, unless they spawn a Walker, which then your screwed anyway because by the time you reach it you will have been beaten down to a 1 or 2. Walkers are overpowered in big money maps cause they have the longest distance so its way to tempting to just play conservative.

I think the balance is great now. all 3 races are very closely matched.
The truth is that every map is a different game and it is simply not possible for all 3 races to be balanced on every possible map. But overall the balance is very good now and I cannot say that any single race has any obvious advantage on most maps.
Anonymous

Anonymous
for the most part, it does seem better balanced now with the heli and marauder nerf. the pinzer air attack of 1 is still useless against heli though.

i think a few maps still favor player 1 as sapiens simple because their troop can attack air while underlings can't:
green valley
scramble
too close
green isle
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Anonymous, do you want to invite me to green valley for a few unrated tries? We can then figure it out.
I can be any race and you can start with Sapiens. Let's figure it out. Thanks.
Anonymous

Anonymous
nomura has a bunch of open green valley games with him as blue sapiens if you want to play him.
didude

didude

kralux wrote: Anonymous, do you want to invite me to green valley for a few unrated tries? We can then figure it out.
I can be any race and you can start with Sapiens. Let's figure it out. Thanks.

Blue Khralean is better. Want an invite?
Anonymous

Anonymous
if blue is sapien or khralean on green valley and cap one of the middle bases first, they will win. simple as that.
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

So you guys think we should modify this map by making all three bases owned by the player from round 1? This would also prevent the Titans disadvantage on this map.
Forum Index » Khraleans