[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How does veterancy/experience work?
Forum Index » General Discussion
paphjort

paphjort

How exactly does it work? How much is needed to gain a new level/rank?
Units can then get 11 health so they can take more damage and it does more damage as well, since damage is based on current health, right?

Is experience correlated to unit cost? So a Wyrm will have to kill expensive units in order to get promoted?
Thanks,
Pap
GameShaman

GameShaman

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it definitely seems to be related to unit cost/ability. The tougher the unit is to kill, the more experience you get for it. If someone knows exactly what the formula is, that would be interesting. But to be honest, this hasn't been that big of a factor in the games I've played.

It does cap at 12 though, so you can only increase the units level twice.
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
paphjort

paphjort

ok, thanks. I'm in a game right now where I have two 12 hp garuda and I find them very effective : )
Too bad if they cant get any better though. Are you certain about the 12 hp cap, have you made a test?

Shouldn't the cap be removed to give more incentive to take care of your units?
Unimarobj

Unimarobj

Yeah, the instructions in the game explain it. The harder the unit is to kill, more exp is awarded, and it's rank only goes up twice. Like an Underling killing a walker usually jumps up instantly. But not if it's a marauder or mecha or something less.b
tecknodragon

tecknodragon

Could somebody please explain how this works? I've read all the roles and official help stuff, but have not read anything about this.
Ethereal Soul

Ethereal Soul

The amount of veterancy points gained by a unit seems to be the cost of the killed unit multiplied by the hp % of the killed unit when killed

Examples:

Killing unit a that costs 300 that had 7 hp (70%) gives the killer 300×0.7=210 points

Killing a unit that costs 800 that had 2 hp (20%) gives the killer 800×0.2=160 points

Note that the killed unit hp is as relevant as the unit cost
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Ethereal Soul wrote:The amount of veterancy points gained by a unit seems to be the cost of the killed unit multiplied by the hp % of the killed unit when killed

Examples:

Killing unit a that costs 300 that had 7 hp (70%) gives the killer 300×0.7=210 points

Killing a unit that costs 800 that had 2 hp (20%) gives the killer 800×0.2=160 points

Note that the killed unit hp is as relevant as the unit cost

I'm pretty sure they're gonna come back 7 years later and thank you for answering their question ;p
Forum Index » General Discussion