[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
A request for dullards like me... confirm peace acceptance?
Forum Index » New Feature Request
cdmoyer

cdmoyer

I know, this is my own fault, and you'd think I'd have learned the first time, but...

It seems to me that the "You've been offered peace" dialog and the "you won" and "you started a game" dialog's are very similar.
They all pop up when you just join a game, and the surrender and starting dialog are both vastly more common (in my experience) and 99/100 times I want to hit "OK" and get on with getting my points or starting the fight.

But in my (admittedly small, 2 item sample), people seem to be offering me peace when they realize they can't win, and I think it's because there are enough robots like me that expect a surrender dialog, and save them from losing...

Perhaps a secondary confirmation? Or something to distinguish a peace offer better?

(Or, I could just slow down. But motor memory is strong with this one.)
q

q

I notice a lot of people lately have been offering peace when they're about to lose. It's really not too cool in my opinion, because the nice guy in me wants to say sure, I accept.. But I know they're just doing it to keep from losing their own ratings and if the tables were turned I suspect they wouldn't accept peace themselves. Some of them have ratings a lot higher than their abilities would indicate so I think this little cheap trick tends to work.

I don't even care about ratings.. Actually I like my ratings lower, because I'm not ready to play people 1800+ even though I've been up near there... But this is just weaselly behavior.

Still, I kind of wish offer peace wasn't there... Either you play it out or you surrender, there should be a winner and a loser... But I know that won't happen.
Hachiman

Hachiman

q wrote: I notice a lot of people lately have been offering peace when they're about to lose. It's really not too cool in my opinion, because the nice guy in me wants to say sure, I accept.. But I know they're just doing it to keep from losing their own ratings and if the tables were turned I suspect they wouldn't accept peace themselves. Some of them have ratings a lot higher than their abilities would indicate so I think this little cheap trick tends to work.

I don't even care about ratings.. Actually I like my ratings lower, because I'm not ready to play people 1800+ even though I've been up near there... But this is just weaselly behavior.

Still, I kind of wish offer peace wasn't there... Either you play it out or you surrender, there should be a winner and a loser... But I know that won't happen.

Every now and then you get a stalemate that would be boring to finish. Peace is good for that. A confirm dialogue would be good though.
akumaextreme

akumaextreme

The problem I have with the Peace Offering is that it pops up before I even see which game I'm playing. Quite often I'm playing multiple games on the same map and I would like to see what the situation is like before I accept his Peace Offering. I would like to see the Peace Acceptance show up as a button in a corner or below the End Turn button.
[Avatar]
Kevor

[Avatar]
Kevor

akumaextreme wrote: The problem I have with the Peace Offering is that it pops up before I even see which game I'm playing. Quite often I'm playing multiple games on the same map and I would like to see what the situation is like before I accept his Peace Offering. I would like to see the Peace Acceptance show up as a button in a corner or below the End Turn button.

Yeah, this is an issue that keeps popping up in multiple threads.... (And it will continue to pop up until they fix it! Hear that, guys??) If you are playing multiple games at one time -- like most of us do -- and then you see the "Peace is offered" dialog box, you rarely know the details of the situation. They really need a button where you can examine the field and remind yourself what was going on. It would also help if it indicated WHO was asking for peace. That really matters, if its a multi-player game.

In any case, I usually refuse peace offers. I never ask for peace either. That's the coward's way out, IMHO. If I'm gonna lose, I go down swinging or surrender. (And I couldn't care less about the frakkin' ratings either.) One exception to that I can think of -- in a team game, if someone on the other team flakes out (i.e. gets booted), then I will accept peace from the remaining team members left holding the bag. Doesn't seem fair that they get screwed over because someone on their team couldn't be bothered to hold up their end...

No battle plan survives contact with the enemy...
(Helmuth von Moltke, Generalfeldmarschall of the Prussian Army)
rolando

rolando

Just to update this thread, the next update (v1.0.5) will allow you to accept or reject a peace offering after you review the state of the game and/or cheat messages.
Forum Index » New Feature Request