[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Mew2468's Custom Maps
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

Woot, first thread in this section of the forum . Most of my maps probably won't work in competitive play...

Edit: Okay, all my maps have got too big to fit all in the post, so I moved it to this website:
http://sites.google.com/site/mew2468suniwarmaps/
Alternative (shorter) Link: tr.im/uniwarmaps

If you have comments about them, please copy the image (via copy image location) into your post so it's easier to describe.

This message was edited 31 times. Last update was at Aug 27, 2009 18:45

My Custom Uniwar Maps
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

Got access to the program today but I probably won't have time to create maps soon, although I'm dying to do so

Mew2468: I like "small map", although I think Khraleans would have quite an advantage. Depends on where you would put the starting points... AND a also like the full ocean idea, but I think there needs to be a way for heavy units to drive around the whole map.
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Great job! Very exciting to see new maps like this coming out... I hope we can test them soon.
We need to be careful about the initial conditions (units, credits, credits/base, ...) to ensure it is well balanced too.
[Avatar]
Legimancer

[Avatar]
Legimancer

just a tip:

on the four player map, the docks are bordered by only 2 bodies of water allowing a maximum of 3 aquatic units to exist there.

i Don't think the docks would be very useful in this regard

I hope i Dont offend anyone, and if I do, too bad
[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

Legimancer wrote: just a tip:

on the four player map, the docks are bordered by only 2 bodies of water allowing a maximum of 3 aquatic units to exist there.

i Don't think the docks would be very useful in this regard

Lol, your avatar totally screwed up this thread .

I designed that map so that it was a race to the docks, and the players who got there first could spawn a couple of aquatic units to help their team. Titans would probably be way to powerful at this map (teleporting right to the docks).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24, 2009 07:59

My Custom Uniwar Maps
[Avatar]
Legimancer

[Avatar]
Legimancer

Mew2468 wrote:
Lol, your avatar totally screwed up this thread .

I designed that map so that it was a race to the docks, and the players who got there first could spawn a couple of aquatic units to help their team. Titans would probably be way to powerful at this map (teleporting right to the docks).

No it didn't >.> <.<

not to mention that the titans have superior range so they could fire farther when the the titans had pushed enough forward

but Idrk we may have to test these maps to find out if its actually balanced

I hope i Dont offend anyone, and if I do, too bad
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

I like these maps:

Mew2468 wrote:

Attempt at making a 3-player map:

My first 6 player map (relatively easy because the tiles are hexagonal):

I guess partially because I think we really need more 3 and 6 person maps. All of them are really good, but these seemed to stand out to me. Great work on putting these together.
[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

khabarakh wrote:Great work on putting these together.

Thanks . I'm about to upload another batch of maps - I'll work on more 3 and 6 player maps.

My Custom Uniwar Maps
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

Cool. I hope to start working on some too. I signed up for the software yesterday. Hopefully I will get it soon.
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

Hey Mew2468,

It is difficult to get to your site. It may be best to create a separate thread for each number of players on the map or something. I think you may get more people to view them. Just my opinion. The first time I checked out your site, it came up. The next couple of times it appeared to be down.

[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

khabarakh wrote: Hey Mew2468,

It is difficult to get to your site. It may be best to create a separate thread for each number of players on the map or something. I think you may get more people to view them. Just my opinion. The first time I checked out your site, it came up. The next couple of times it appeared to be down.

Meh, I might migrate the maps over to a new website, I don't want to clog up the forum (not that it's very full...).

Edit: Migrated my maps to Google Sites - much more reliable.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27, 2009 16:20

My Custom Uniwar Maps
[Avatar]
Super Jew!

[Avatar]
Super Jew!

On all your 1v1 maps the Titans would get owned pretty hard because all of them have no direct sand path to take between your base and the enemies, they're all blocked by forests and mountains. The reason this is bad is the Titans rely so heavily on Plasma Tanks, and forests and mountains mess these guys up pretty good. Also the only way (well, good way) for Titans to deal with air is Eclipses who are also hindered greatly by forests and mountains. As for the large 1v1 map, Titan sea units can't hit melee units so they more often then not need a way to back into the sea, which they don't have here.
Forum Index » User Generated Maps