[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Since you can designate a friend...
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
revZloco

[Avatar]
revZloco

I've seen a fair number of posts lately accusing cheaters, badmouthing certain players or just speaking generally about poor sports. And I can certainly attest to having been on the wrong side of possible coercion. However, it seems weird to be publicly crucifying them on this or any forum — I mean really, does anyone truely think the administers should interfere — what if you were wrongly accused?

Anyway, seems to me that if after a game you have the option to designate someone as a friend, why couldn't you have the option to label them with an "alert"? Think about it; you believe someone might have been cheating, maybe they were just playing poorly, perhaps your tactics just didn't mesh or maybe they were just obnoxious chatters — it would be nice to label them with a personal alert, maybe just a red '!', so that you could be cautioned before joining another game with them or allowing them to join one of yours. I know I've played many games where I finished and just felt like I didn't want to play with that person again, but 2 weeks later, I wouldn't have a prayer of remembering who they were, especially when it comes to the anonymous players.

What do you think?
[Avatar]
chill

[Avatar]
chill

Great idea! This would really address the problem of "cheaters." I would love to see this feature added to the game.

~Chill
GameShaman

GameShaman

I wouldn't mind seeing this either, as long as it's private and only visible by you and not be public. There would be too many ways to abuse it otherwise.

~Jeff
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
[Avatar]
Kevor

[Avatar]
Kevor

Agreed -- on both points -- I like the idea of this feature, and would definitely want it to be private. I have not had much experience with the 'cheating' problem, but I cannot imagine it is widespread. These days I tend to stick to playing with others I played with before.

No battle plan survives contact with the enemy...
(Helmuth von Moltke, Generalfeldmarschall of the Prussian Army)
Anonymous

Anonymous
This is a great idea.

I am currently playing a team game.
One of my team members is ranked over 2100 yet he clearly has no idea how to play. Keeps putting his PT's in forests and swamps for no reason and sends his Eclipses to fight enemy tanks. Just plain lousy play.

I dont know how he ever got to be ranked so high but I would like to make sure I never play with him again. Being able to mark this player with a negative sign would be very helpfull for me.
aurens

aurens

Good idea. It would also be nice to be able to block random-game invitations from such players. That way I wouldn't get spammed by someone who hits the random-game button ten times and then surrenders from the nine he won't automatically win.
Forum Index » New Feature Request