[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UniWar 2 Suggestions
Forum Index » New Feature Request
didude

didude

UniWar 2 is on track to launch in 2010. Feel free to post suggestions below on units, features, and maps. (Still sticking with the 3 race system)
akumaextreme

akumaextreme

Each race have a non-combat unit that have a special ability to be used against a certain race. I believe each race should have another non-combat unit that can deal with the other race and be able to repair friendly units.

Sapiens should have something like a Bio-Engineer that can deliver a Plague to Khraleans units.

Khraleans can have something like a Skunk that can spray a Titan with a metal eating acid causing massive damage.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31, 2009 06:05

Unimarobj

Unimarobj

Or...you could just retain the engineer and infector.
Give the engineer an insecticide of sorts.
The infector could produce bog spaces on the field perhaps...like turn the plain space into a bog of sorts from it's...juices?
The assimilator already affects both races lol

I REALLY hope the put submarines in it like Kralux mentioned in a match with me. That'd just be wicked.

Hmm...what about...different types of bases on land? Like...ones that had to be fought for? I mean, like one with fortified walls, that the enemy would have to tear down to capture. Or ones with the availability of a self-defense? Like, perhapsfor the Titans, some of their bases could utilize a shockwave of sorts that affected any units within range and would damage them slightly. This would help with the Marauder not being the only unit to take out a capturing unit.
Krhaleans...hmm...like, maybe tentacles underlying the ground near the base? They just seem to be more biologically based...so something like that.
Sapiens...turrets?
But have a cooldown for all of them.

Or...just something to get the bases not just be something to be captured, but something to fight (in a sense) with.
OOOOH!!! Why not have a "Mobile Fortress"? A unit that could transport other units? Or not even that, just a transport unit! A truck for the sapiens that could hold...4? Marines? An organism that could "house" Underlings, or even give birth to them. And then...a dropship or something for the Titans? OH!
The titans transporter could utilize their teleport abilities to deploy them within a "range" of it's own location (and maybe not have a stunned penalty? Or a shortened one (enemies turn, but not yours?), while the Marines had to deal with a 1 tile option.
The Khralean's unit could bury underground and deploy them as such!
And they could both have a limit on how many they could carry! Like...not 4, but 2 or 3. That'd be a way to make them different, but have their benefits and such.

...sorry...I got going with my ideas again. lol
I'll have more as the release date gets closer...but I know that isn't for awhile lol
Just saying!
=]
Unimarobj

Unimarobj

Oops!
I meant to say that the Infector could naturally produce an acid.
The bog thing was another idea to give the support units another quality...building defenses of a sort. Marines - mines, infector - poisonous bog, Titans - umm....walls?.
See...I'm not clear on the idea yet lol, just ignore it.
=]

Kralux! How often do you guys read these things?
The Reaver

The Reaver

I think another thing that should be added is different game types. For example, you could have the current one where all you have to do is capture the bases, but in addition, you could have a few other modes. I have an idea for one here.

Have a "king of the hill" type game mode. Basically, the bases you have are fixed--no enemy units can move on top of them. However, there would be two other types of conquerable points: cities and control points. The cities are outlined in this post, but at the end of the second player's turn, it adds a point to a separate counter for each control point that you have captured. However, this system would take the number of points your opponent has. For example, if there are nine counters on the field and you have five and your opponent has four, the end result would be only adding one point to your counter at the end of Player 2's turn. Whoever's counter hits a certain number first wins.

Also, bases that grant special abilities would be very cool. For example, I like the turret idea posted by Unimarobj. An infantry unit could enter, and then once every two or three turns, it could fire a super powerful rocket that would deal tank (Pinzer/Plasma Tank/Sapien Tank) damage. Against Ground Heavies and Aquatics, it would do massive damage, but it would be ineffective against Aerials. The turret would also provide a cover bonus.

Finally, to go with my previous suggestion, I'd suggest giving the 100-credit Ground Lights grenades. Each individual Ground Light unit can only use them once, but they could be launched from a slight distance (within 2 hexes). Using them against Ground Lights in any type of base (including turrets, bases, cities, medical bases, and harbors) would do massive damage (the equivalent of a tank on a Plain fighting that Ground Light unit in a Swamp), but against units on other terrain, it would do the equivalent of a tank's damage.
[Avatar]
Super Jew!

[Avatar]
Super Jew!

-Traps.
-Units heal more when on their bases.
-A unit with the ability to heal even when other actions are performed.
-Upgrades to be researched at bases.
-Upgradable bases.
-Units that make nearby friendly units stronger.
-Units that can attack multiple nearby spaces.
-Units that attack multiple spaces in a line.
-Units that don't get blocked by nearby enemy units (give this to the Titans who have no flyers ).
-Units that can harvest some sort of resource.
-A discount for the first few days the game comes out as a special gift to all of us who visit the forums.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02, 2009 19:24

didude

didude

How about pre-deployment maps (maps where the units you use are already created and no units can be built)?

Kralux I'll say it again: Community Chat Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03, 2009 15:49

[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

didude wrote: How about pre-deployment maps (maps where the units you use are already created and no units can be built)?

There is a way to do that currently on the Level editor.

My Custom Uniwar Maps
dingo

dingo

Mew2468 wrote:
  didude wrote: How about pre-deployment maps (maps where the units you use are already created and no units can be built)?

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I don't see any level editor in the game currently. Is there a way to create custom maps that you can actually USE?

In regards to features that I would really enjoy would be a variable amount of teams, or the ability to create uneven matches. My officemate and I play off and on during the day, and since we enjoy having a bit higher paced game with the ability to drop everything if an emergency comes up, we find ourselves playing against bots.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is since it's generally so easy to finish off the bots on most maps, and something we've really wished for was the ability to play a 2v3 map that was 5 players, or a 2v2v2 map that was us against two other teams on the 6 person maps.

I'll put the money down on the game TONIGHT if you say you would put that feature in there!
[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

dingo wrote:
  Mew2468 wrote:

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I don't see any level editor in the game currently. Is there a way to create custom maps that you can actually USE?

There is currently no level editor in the game. It's a program you download onto your computer (you can't use the maps ATM, you submit them to the UniWar team).

My Custom Uniwar Maps
The Reaver

The Reaver

I'm going to agree with Super Jew with upgradeable bases. There should be a couple of tiers to upgrade to. The first tier should cost 1000 credits and add three new units to the build options and the second should cost 1500 and add two more units. Also, Harbors should produce more units. For example, a Submarine unit for the Sapiens that has the Underling's "Bury"/"Resurface" ability (except called "Submerge"/"Resurface") would be awesome. There could also be a Scout boat with high vision and the ability to detect Submarines from a short distance, but no attack of its own.
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

Super Jew! wrote: -Traps.
-Units heal more when on their bases.
-A unit with the ability to heal even when other actions are performed.
-Upgrades to be researched at bases.
-Upgradable bases.
-Units that make nearby friendly units stronger.
-Units that can attack multiple nearby spaces.
-Units that attack multiple spaces in a line.
-Units that don't get blocked by nearby enemy units (give this to the Titans who have no flyers ).
-Units that can harvest some sort of resource.
-A discount for the first few days the game comes out as a special gift to all of us who visit the forums.

I love these ideas! I also think it would be cool to see units that can be built and attack in the same move (similiar to an underling being able to come above ground and attack in the same move).
ahzdeen

ahzdeen

I'd love to see transactional multiplayer logic that lets the server make the decisions (thereby getting rid of a bunch of exploits).

Remember the first rule of online game servers: "Never trust the client!"

Less ambitious thoughts:
* Larger maps with more players
* Pinch/pull zooming of the game map
* Ability to audit (i.e. watch) other games - I'd love to see the top guys in action
* Carrier sea or air units that can transport one or more light ground units
* Area-effect artillery units (maybe - cool idea but obviously hard to balance)
* Guild system with a separate ladder and full forum support

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 23, 2009 22:09

cyfen

cyfen

More thorough testing of maps, to avoid obviously unbalanced ones.
Fewer units that can do nothing against certain opponents, like sapien tank vs. gaurda. Bad options are better than none.
Defensive and offensive terrain alteration.
Scenarios with preset units and no production, which allow forces of different sizes to compete on maps designed to compensate for a side's size disadvantage.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Agreed with cyfen. Most current maps favor one race heavily, that shouldn't be the case.

Basically we need many ways to win so that after playing a month you can still be figuring out new strategies. That's all I really ask and that's not there now.
Forum Index » New Feature Request