[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How is this Possible!
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
gunther84

[Avatar]
gunther84

How is this first move possible. It was my first move on a ranked, random, Great Wall match. My opponent and I were both the Khraleans, and he went first. When It was my first turn, I move my underling to meet his underling before he was able to get to the mountains and the cover they provide. After making that move, I scrolled down and saw that one of his underlings was already on my side of the mountains. Now I do not know exactly where his unit began its turn, but to get to where he was from anywhere on the Blue side would have taken more than the 11 mobility of his unit. I have included some screen shots here. Perhaps I am mistaken, however this seems suspicious. Is this opponent exploiting some hidden glitch and or cheat code? I want to know, because I play straight, and I expect my opponents to do likewise. That trust is the appeal of any online, player vs player game IMHO.
 Filename Game Info.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 85 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1 time(s)

Filename Great Wall First Move.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 105 Kbytes

Anonymous

Anonymous
I see that move in every game. Underlings have a lot of mobility and aren't as hampered by mountains as other units. (Too tired to look up all the numbers, but test it yourself.)

Your red unit with 7 health by your base could have done the same, but his were blocking you (he was probably anticipating you'd try it)

So no, not an exploit, underlings have a lot of mobility, and on this map they can quickly snatch a base in the first 2 moves if you're not careful
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

We have never had any issue like this reported on this map so I think you may want to review the replay of the last turn. It would be useful if you can send a shot of before and after the replay. This would make it clear.
[Avatar]
gunther84

[Avatar]
gunther84

I wish I had taken a screen image, or ran the replay. I never use the replay. I never think of it. I did not notice his underling there until I had moved one underling and attacked him with it. Im going to set up the same scenario on a game with a bot, and see if I, as the player moving first, could have made it to this hex in one move. I have to assume all the units begin in the same location a the the beginning of each game. I will post a pic of the board before any move is made.
[Avatar]
gunther84

[Avatar]
gunther84

Boy, do I feel dumb...that's what happens when you get pummeled in several games in a row.....I apologize for crying foul so quickly.
 Filename dummy.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 42 Kbytes

Forum Index » General Discussion