[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Full Naval [8 Players]
Forum Index » User Generated Maps
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

Now I see why there are so few 8 player maps - it's pretty hard to create eight balanced starting points using hexagonal tiles.

I tried to implement aquatic units in a "full planet"-like environment. I like playing on maps with naval units, the disadvantage is that it rapidly gets focused only on the naval units. I tried to avoid that by giving importance to the middle; the land fight would be independent from the naval battle on the outer rim.
Players would start with one base and two-three infantry. 200 credits/turn would make sense I think.

What do you guys think, is that map playable?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 13, 2009 15:09

[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

This map could cause serious problems for titans, since the harbors are so close together in the center. I do suppose this would severely reduce people relying completely on boats to win the map, if you removed the mountains on the inside water. This would allow titan tanks to attack the boats in those small areas, and neutralize them. That way you would still need to concetrate on a land battle as well. Lastly, rather than a single base in the middle, make it four, maybe in the hexs to the top left, top right, bottom left, and bottom right of the existing one. Am I making sense here?

All in all, an extremely well made map. =)

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

Oh now i feel like an idiot, I just realized that those were normal bases, not harbors in the middle. Sorry

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Looks like a great map!
What is the initial credit and per base credits? Also, I assume that all bases besides the middle one will be assigned from the beginning.
brainiac

brainiac

this map looks very cool but i don't like how there is little possibilty of a land battle in the outer rim as each player is seperarated by mountains and one swamp tile.
i also think the closeness of players naval bases to opponent's bases could lead to easy naval base stealing. however, that is only the case for some players which would make that unfair.
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

You're right that the distance between your base and the opponent's naval base is not the same for everyone; I just couldn't find a way to balance that. Maybe swap the naval base with its adjacent mountain? That way it would be easier to defend the naval base.
And about your other comment, I just thought about replacing the mountains on the "inner side of the outer rim" (do i make myself clear? =S) with plain tiles.

Unfortunately my license for the editor has expired so I can't update the map anymore. But thanks for the feedback!
Forum Index » User Generated Maps