[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Turns taking very long time
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions
dingo

dingo

I've noticed this over the last couple days, but when I attempt to end a turn, it's been taking quite a bit longer to get me to the next game I have open.

This also happens when attempting to connect to "My current games" or when entering a battle.

Has something changed recently on the servers by chance? I've attempted this on the EDGE network, 3G network and multiple wireless connections, so I feel like I've at least been able to troubleshoot some of the network connectivity.

This was happening in both my home network (Seattle, WA) as well as Colorado Springs and Denver, CO. I've since reloaded the 3.0 OS, was having the same issues, so updated to the 3.0.1 OS. I'm not really ready to upgrade to 3.1 just yet since nothing has changed on my end.
rolando

rolando

A few others have experienced this. We were having some server slowdowns today, but we resolved the matter and it should be better now. Can you see if this is still occurring for you?
Anonymous

Anonymous
it's still slower than usual today.
dingo

dingo

I can say that there is definitely a pretty marked improvement over yesterday and the few days prior. I'm currently at work where 3G seems non-existant so I've only been able to test it on the EDGE network and can definitely say that it "feels" as it did a week or two ago. My officemate says the same on his part as well, so it seems good currently.

I really appreciate the fact that you guys were willing to send out a response to a post on the forums. I like knowing that the players words aren't falling on deaf ears. You guys have absolutely made a long time customer out of my friends and myself. I probably spend more time playing UniWar than any other games on my iphone, keep up the awesome work!

Cheers!

Edit: Upon some further testing, I was outside my office building and found that the 3G network was fairly sluggish. I would say that it takes longer to end a turn and start another game than it does while on the EDGE network. Unfortunately I don't have a WiFi connection that I can connect to until I get home, but will do some further testing when I get there this evening.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10, 2009 13:51

Forum Index » Technical Support Questions