[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Teleport
Forum Index » Titans
[Avatar]
Super Jew!

[Avatar]
Super Jew!

Has anyone successfully made use of this skill yet with either Mechas or Eclipses? Besides using it to retreat a highly damaged unit I mean.
Anonymous

Anonymous
yes.
akumaextreme

akumaextreme

On the map Great Wall, I would teleport a formation of Eclipses and Mechas to surround a base I intend to capture or to stall an enemy formation. I do expect them to die, but at least buy me a turn or two for whatever I'm doing.
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

On maps such as naval war, mechas can be used as disposable scouts, or even to block other boats from moving in close to your hydros.

-= The UniWar Team =-
didude

didude

Teleport is good for larger maps where you can't travel to with an underling in 2 turns.
[Avatar]
gunther84

[Avatar]
gunther84

...all your bases are belong to us...[b]
zerosum

zerosum

Use it all the time to stall an enemy - usually sacrificing one or more mechas to take (or keep) a base.

Use it with Eclipse too for crossing water or jumping over abandoned player units.
beijingdream

beijingdream

Teleport is a great ability. Cap a base, teleport a mecha close to actually capture it later. Surrounding enemy bases is great for pushing the advantage, and you can usually send advancing units scurrying back to deal with teleporters while you do something else. All this added to the scouting and far-away base capturing mentioned above.
dingo

dingo

I always get a good lulz out of a well executed teleport rush.
InfinityMax

InfinityMax

I totally suck at the game so far, but I have found teleporting a few disposable units far behind the front lines, into a position to threaten an enemy base, does a great job of drawing fire away from the front of the battle, and if timed properly, can let you grab those few hexes of important turf that you need for a rush. It can also save a weakened front line, allowing you time to repair a few damaged units when all the threatening opponents have to run backwards to stomp your marauding teleporters.

I've also won a couple games by flooding some far-off bases with mechas, who die in droves but eventually just mob up and grab a base. It's a very expensive and highly inefficient technique, but it can work on a big map.
[Avatar]
dr34dn0ught

[Avatar]
dr34dn0ught

on river maps i found teleport to be very effective n conjunction with plasma tanks crossing the river at the same time. but teleport is meant for larger maps anyway and with many units

Life is too short to skip dessert
[Avatar]
Dayne

[Avatar]
Dayne

In a team game where everyone is dead except for me and one enemy and we both have tons of bases/credits I will often mass up 10-20 mechas and just completely gridlock an enemy in the area surrounding their base. I keep bulding mechas afterwards and every time one is killed I port in another so he/she can't build up a defensive. Then I hit the base with walkers and capture it

Titans r teh awesomest
[WWW] aim icon
[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

[Avatar]
Wrath Of Sid

For some reason people get really annoyed when I teleport six Mechas in to surround a Walker or Battery. Couldn't possibly think why.

Sanity is for the weak!!!
Shabadoo

Shabadoo

Knowing the vision of the enemy, and identifying hexes he can't see at the moment, is needed to really use teleport offensively. Your mechas can usually go unnoticed while they're offline. I also like to build up a force of mechas with a few eclipses and teleport them enmasse. A few are sacrificed, but the chaos in the enemies area is worth it.

My wife thought the voice notification was saying "You're in a war." )
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

You can effectively telebomb targets. The trick is when and where. Bots in mountains are tough even when helpless. trapping wounded unit in a base with telebots a good tactic too (love doing that to a sap)

In general I expect about 50% casualties so plan my telattack accordingly. I'll also beam filler bots in when setting up a blocade of a base.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » Titans