[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Gangup bonus
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

TheDragon wrote:I believe the app store app is out of date with the changes made a few months ago. Willingham's calculator is up to date

The app calculator was updated in July; the last balance update in uniwar occurred some months before, so the app is not out of date.
PapaSoup

PapaSoup

Can someone please clarify: does the gang up bonus work in team games between teammates? Also if possible please clarify any exceptions such as an enemy taking a turn in-between the teammates' turns or a 3rd teammate taking a turn across the map in an unrelated area. Thank you in advance!
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

PapaSoup wrote:Can someone please clarify: does the gang up bonus work in team games between teammates? Also if possible please clarify any exceptions such as an enemy taking a turn in-between the teammates' turns or a 3rd teammate taking a turn across the map in an unrelated area. Thank you in advance!

It does NOT work between team mates.
Hiraga

Hiraga

i want to ask...
for example 1 attacker is swarmer[attack with direct method not ranged method]. and second attack is swarmer too...
but there is no +1, +2, or +3 when i try each location like on image on first post.....
something wrong?

or ranged attack is don't count as first attacker?
any image for other case like first attacker is ranged unit not direct unit

ah, there is a time to i dont understand, for example speeder A moving first and attack underling A, it make damage -4
but if i make another unit move before spedeer A to attack another unit[not underling A] it become -3 [not ganging case]

any rule?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24, 2017 08:05

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

There is also a Random Number Generator for every attack. It's a fairly complex formula but roughly gives you a range of +/-2 in a normal distribution for each attack. So you might get +2 for the first attack, then the second attack might get -1 even though it got a gang up bonus because the RNG gave you a -2. i.e. (approx) damage = attack + gangup + RNG

There are some online sites and apps that help you work it all out.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
hiraku

hiraku

wookieontheweb wrote:There is also a Random Number Generator for every attack. It's a fairly complex formula but roughly gives you a range of +/-2 in a normal distribution for each attack. So you might get +2 for the first attack, then the second attack might get -1 even though it got a gang up bonus because the RNG gave you a -2. i.e. (approx) damage = attack + gangup + RNG

There are some online sites and apps that help you work it all out.

hmm, so image at first post is not accurate?
what is app that help for that? [official?]
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

http://uniwar.willingham.net

There is also the unofficial uniwar damage calculator app. The initial image is wrong but updated images are throughout this post, you should read the whole post

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » Guides & Tips