[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome
Forum Index » General Discussion
EVR1022

EVR1022

xavi wrote:The UNDO turn feature will soon be availabe to EVERYONE. Either through the shop or through optional OPT-IN advertising. The main reason to make it available to everyone is because
1) we consider it a useful and needed feature
2) we want to make sure that no one has an unfair advantage.

I like this solution a lot. Available to everyone, but in a way that supports the game whether they pay for the button or not.
4rill

4rill

kley wrote:
2) You should have the option to disable turn undo on maps and tournaments. I just started playing in the tournaments (which weren't around 5 years ago) and I had no idea that people were doing this, and as someone mentioned above, we're expected to do this. It's no wonder my rank is now down to 2000, people are seeing my moves before I reveal them.

</end rant>

No turn undos on certain tournaments is a great idea! Competitive matches can be so well balanced that they are often decided by the RNG, eliminating undos would require increased skill. Of course, as was mentioned, it may not be possible for the devs to eliminate the free undo loophole...
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I still generally hate the idea of no turn undo. I would much rather that tournaments turn off the fog of war. That removes the most important advantage that infinite undo gives and has negligible effect on game play.
tommecc

tommecc

Hallo to everybody,
I'm new in the game but I really love it. I think undo turn is a part of the game, and is exactly for this that the game is different from the others and is so interesting. Undo turn allows to plan a strategy by knowing exactly the result of multiple attacks, exactly like chess. Random results is also a good thinks for the game otherways the result of every attack would be already known making the game less interesting.
The only think that I would change is the reduced field of view (halved) for teleported units or in general for the second step of units that can do it.
wolkenwand

wolkenwand

It is great if undo is available to every player. I do hope that fog of war is effective, it is good if ambush works.
ElPresidente

ElPresidente

El Presidente feels very stupid today. He has been deleting and reinstalling the game to undo. Little did he know that simply putting on a disguise and taking it off would do the same thing. How many times has El Presidente had to turn off animations and sound after reinstalling? Many many times. So many clicks wasted. El Presidente very very sad ;-(.

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

ElPresidente wrote:El Presidente feels very stupid today.....
Feel happy that you are not alone. I to used this method in the beginning when my fingers misclicked where a unit was to go. A month later I got my TheDragonToo account.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Walpurgi

Walpurgi

Not to give any advantages i in who has more money to spend in game. I would charge a higer price for buying the game or increace the price of gold. I love this game and would love to contribute to its development by transfering money but not in game since this breaks the game.
[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

[Avatar]
Uniwarpoland

You can always do fast and free undo. How? Watch this short tutorial:
VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzeveSXD9ag

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09, 2016 10:53

TIPS, TRICKS & videos from UniWar Poland Youtube channel: LINK.
Poradnik dla początkujących: LINK.

DONOVAN2013

DONOVAN2013

So I'm not too concerned about the ability to purchase infinite turns, it's just a method to experiment before committing, no different to doing it mentally a la pro chess players. FOW discussion aside.

What does annoy me as a full paying buyer is how much less forgiving the interface is to"miss-taps". When I used to accidently tap my tank to stay put, instead of say attack what is next to it, I was able to click the undo last instruction button. That appears to have gone out the window. Frustrating that due to a GUI interaction error probably occurs once a game and can really throw your chances of winning out.

My suggestion is that the last action undo is softened up and is what the undo button does FIRST. However if you tap the undo button again, then it will provide the undo turn/purchase coins functionality.

Great game, hasn't been uninstalled since purchase in 2014. The only game to have gotten that treatment. Cheers!
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

This is exactly how my version is behaving right now. The undo button is now at the top left of the game screen, If I press it the first time (and that action is undoable) then the action is undone. If I press it again or the last action is not undoable then I get the message box "Do you want to restart your whole turn?"
DONOVAN2013

DONOVAN2013

Hi Wook, gg by the way,

I haven't paid for undo turns yet, so my "undo" button seems to only prompt the store, not the roll back an "undoable" turn.

To be frank, I really enjoy how casual i can play this game - I don't have much time between kids and work. So the temptation of being able to repkay whole turns actually makes the game more time consuming, thus more stressful and less fun. If I was a bit more serious about racking up wins and wanted to spend the time to do so, the undo turns would be a good feature.

Cheers
Forum Index » General Discussion