[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Make Helicopters cost 550 points instead of 500
Forum Index » New Feature Request
lorfje

lorfje

lion37 wrote: Rolando, is anything being done to solve the problem of Heli spam?

I am currently involved in a team game of Penninsula where my team holds 17 bases (vs. 7 bases for the other team).
We have a massive lead and should by all rights easily win.

But the other team has a Sap player and is spamming Heli's.
Because of the terrain, we cannot deploy our units in any manner that can stop them.
It looks like they are going to win the game.

These type of experiences (which have become more common) are very frustrating and make we want to find a new game to play.

It would be fun if you could post screenshots of the battle situation! We could discuss and learn about the strategies and see if really the helicopter spam could overcome such a numerical disadvantage.
lion37

lion37

rolando wrote:
I'm curious about that game you speak of. Putting aside this issue with Heli spam for a moment, if a player uses a strategy for defense that is effective in keeping the opponent at bay and possibly turn the tide of the match would it be seen as a sort of "cheat"? Some players use a strategy with Titans where they build a solid defense and slowly move them across the map to eventually win the game. Would that be considered a cheat?

There is no situation that I can think of where a titan with 7 bases can build up and win against a Khral or Sap with 17 bases. Unless the opponents are terrible players.

rolando wrote:
What I am saying is, when you start a match part of the strategy is anticipating your enemy's movements and possible strategies, even if it is spamming helicopters. Lets say in your team game one of your teammates is Sapien and the opponent has a Sapien player (or Khralean player). You could anticipate the opponent will have air power. So what can you do? One strategy could be to work with your team and allow your Sapien teammate to capture more bases than the rest of the group to obtain more credits, thereby providing air support faster.

Agreed, but if the game is such that Sapiens have a dominant strategy that can only be countered by other Sap's then the game is not balanced. The conclusion for me is to always make sure that my team has at least as many Sap players as the other team. This is the defenition of an unbalanced game. My team does not have a Sap player right now, so does that mean we never had a chance to begin with?

Cont ....
lion37

lion37

rolando wrote:
Now, about your game, if your opponents have 7 bases in Peninsula, at 100 credits/base that team only generates 700 credits per round. So unless that Sap player has 5 of those bases he/she can only generate a Heli every other turn. Even so, if that team is working together to protect that Sapien in order to build up air power even with that credit limitation then why should they not have a chance at

Thats just shows how unfair it is. The Sap player only has 3 bases and can only build a Heli every other turn. But he can take 60 turns building up 30 Heli's if he wants to. The titans cannot build up 30 Walkers or 30 Eclipses because of Terrain limits and even if we could, it would be impossible to manouver them in any effective manner.

If I have 17 bases and my opponent has 7 bases, he should only be able to win once in a blue moon and only because he has a brilliant strategy. Spaming heli's is not a briliant strategy.

I will try to post screen shots tonight.
lorfje

lorfje

rolando wrote: (cont...)

That was my opinion on the issue in general. I'm sure we can all get into a discussion about this...

Back to the question at hand. No decision has been made yet regarding the Helicopters, but we do agree the Titans could use some modification... via the Engineer perhaps? Stay tuned while we come up with a decision.

The Speeder is less useful than the Marauder, and the Eclipse, though good, is less useful than the Helicopter. I think either the Eclipse or (preferably) the Speeder should be changed to a fairly robust (the family trait of the Titans) air unit. Alternatively, if each race were to get an extra unit, for the Titans this could be a good air unit. It is hard to balance maps if one race totally lacks air capability.
Anonymous

Anonymous
The Speeder is less useful than the Marauder, and the Eclipse, though good, is less useful than the Helicopter. I think either the Eclipse or (preferably) the Speeder should be changed to a fairly robust (the family trait of the Titans) air unit. Alternatively, if each race were to get an extra unit, for the Titans this could be a good air unit. It is hard to balance maps if one race totally lacks air capability.

Agree. What if the Titans had a hover vehicle? ie it still counts as land heavy, but can traverse impassable terrain like an air unit?
Forum Index » New Feature Request