[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Race Balancing Proposal - Sept 2010
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
Do you think this new patch will better balance the game?
YES 47% [ 8 ]
No 18% [ 3 ]
No (I mostly play Khraleans and don't care for Titans) 18% [ 3 ]
Dunno? 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17
porkus

porkus

I think if the assimilator's defence is raised to 2, then the engineer's self-repair should be raised to 2 to keep the units even. Also, the infector should seriously have it's plague range reconsidered. Giving the infector a plague range of 2 or 3 hexes should help balance some khralean vs. sapien battles. As for titan vs. khralean, the suggestions to make UV hit buried units and and increase crush damage to 2 are solid imo. All three healer units should have equal ability cooldowns, probably 10.
Solitary

Solitary

Plague range increase is actually a really good idea although 3 hexagons is overpowered, I agree it should have a range of 1/2 though! Infector is too expensive to move right next to enemy units for plague. Assimilator def just shouldn't go up, period. 10 cooldown for all abilities sounds good especially if plague will become ranged as it would be overpowered to fire off one a turn from distance, although I'm not sure if EMP is a little powerful to be coming out that easily.

Liking the idea of ranged plague though :o.
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

You would see TONS more use of plague if it had a range of 2. I must say, though, it would be really interesting!

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
Solitary

Solitary

I would need cooldown if it was ranged but it would force engineer use from saps which currently isn't really required and definately give krhals some breathing room!
porkus

porkus

A range of 2 hexes would be fitting since a saps player could strategically utilize the helicopter's move after attack and the maurader's 2 moves to stay out of its range rather than just spam marines. It would certainly make that 300 credit purchase more tempting in such battles.

I personally think the healer abilities are equally useful, or at least would be if plague were ranged. That's why I think equal cooldowns would be warranted. Although I will agree that perhaps the UV isn't quite as spectacular as EMP. However, there isn't much that can equalize these two abilities. My immediate proposal would be to raise UV damage to 2, but of course that seems extremely too powerful. What if UV damage was raised to 2, but the range is maybe lowered? Hm, I think it would be easier to give the engineer a cooldown of 12 turns while the assimilator and infector share a cooldown of 10.

If nothing else, plague range certainly needs to change.
Solitary

Solitary

UV damage of 2 would be stupidly overpowered, 5 assimilators would be able to wipe out an entire sapien army :p. Engineer cooldown 12 would work I think as atm I never use it twice (although very few of my games go past round 15-20 without someone surrendering, lol).
thethanx

thethanx

I think it's already been covered but WOAH THERE on the assimilator buff...

I think what gives the Khrals the advantage over titans is really the buried underlings and just nerfing the BURIED part would probably be sufficient.

I like the idea of nerfing the attack bonus
preventing them from healing underground
and being hit by UV while underground.

(maybe not all of these but some combination)

Having ONLY titan units deal 2 damage to them seems sort of silly, and as someone pointed out, a better counter is to really fill up all your empty space with mechas anyhoo.

UV is already a fairly powerful ability since it is the only one that hits both races and has a fairly large range... I've definitely saved up 3 or 4 assimilators to take a chunk out of an opponent before finishing them off with plasmas, speeders or eclipses...

I also like the idea of plauge range being increased to 2 to help balance khrals vs saps... They really are WAY to expenive to put them next to a unit to plauge unless you KNOW it's going to spread a bunch next turn.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Then if plague has a range of two shouldn't he be unable to move and do the ability at the same time? Some time ago the engineer was able to move AND make an EMP afterwards, it was OMGWTFHAXXORZ powerful, because the titan army would just be there frozen in one place without the ability to counter.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

thethanx wrote:

Having ONLY titan units deal 2 damage to them seems sort of silly, and as someone pointed out, a better counter is to really fill up all your empty space with mechas anyhoo.

It's true that a better counter to underling spam is to cover with mechas (it's the ONLY real counter), which is why upping smash damage for heavy Titan units is a very, very light buff, all things considered. Really, smash damage is trivial as it is, being that it is rather rare that you will actually tactically smash underlings and rather it is usually just a minor bonus. So upping the smash damage would make it at least somewhat relevant to actually use the ability and also make a heavy unit Titan army a slight bit less vulnerable to mass underlings.

Regarding Infector plague range, I think it would be great if the range for plague is 2 unless the Infector moves, in which the range is then only 1 as it is now.

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
matia

matia

+6 resurface bonus? Wow..

A resurfaced underling in a forest or mountain with gang up bonus has 14 damage to heavy ground troops.
In this case they hit a lot harder than a plasma tank (11 to heavy). Even if the underlings was alone hitting a target it would hit just as hard as a plasma tank that cost five times as much.

I dont think +5 will helps much as they will still most likely one shot light targets and will still do 3 more damage than a plasma tank to heavy targets in a gang.

+3 is more reasonable as it's at least on par with the plasma.

Ex. Underling.
3 base damage to heavy.
+2 forest/mountain bonus
+3 gang up bonus
+6 resurface bonus
thethanx

thethanx

Right, my point was that if you're increasing smash damage, it should apply to ALL heavy units, not just titan ones.
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates