[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
"Available to random games" being reset to "Yes"
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions
dingo

dingo

I'm not sure why this is happening currently, but I seem to have my account being reset to always be available to random games. Even after turning this off, occasionally it will get reset to "Yes" and I'll be inundated by rated 1v1 games that I didn't even want to play and attempting to quit will hit me with a ratings loss.

I'd love to be able to cancel games on the first turn for if something like this happens since I currently can't start any new games with my officemate without taking a couple ratings losses. Very frustrating indeed.
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Switch off your availability to random games and non-friend players.
dingo

dingo

kralux wrote: Switch off your availability to random games and non-friend players.

I understand that's the way to get the games to stop being generated, but after changing that setting it will occasionally default back to "Yes" instead of "No" for that option.

Nobody else is playing my account, and the only option I've gone to while in the game is to either set up a new game with my officemate, or to check current games and join ones he may have started.

It's frustrating since I've had to tank my PR just to get open slots in games. I'm sure over time I'll be able to build it up some, but again, I'm sure anyone could understand my frustration.
rolando

rolando

Hmm that's bizarre. We will look into this on our end. Anyone else having this problem?
rolando

rolando

By the way dingo, if you are thrown into a random game like that surrendering during the first 3 turns does not result in a loss to your score.

dingo

dingo

rolando wrote: By the way dingo, if you are thrown into a random game like that surrendering during the first 3 turns does not result in a loss to your score.

D'oh! (That's a good thing to know!)

My officemate noticed the same happened to him once as well, but he caught it far earlier than I did. I'd queued up for quite a few games through the "Join Games" menu and had figured many of them were just taking some time to start since I generally only watch my games that I have a turn in.

I figured after 10+ games where it started me as Sapiens (when I never usually play them) something was funky.

Thanks again for the reply. I'll say it again and again, this is by far the most used app on my iphone (aside mail) I can't wait to see what you guys come up with in future patches!

Bonus question: Any news from Apple on when we might see the new patch?
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions