[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Limit spamming of new games
Forum Index » New Feature Request
dingo

dingo

I understand that some people like a single map, but please, don't allow people to spam games like this? It's obvious that they're just trying to prey on people who don't have a great 3 person team that would sign up all at once as well.

Is there a way to limit the amount of (the same) games people can start? I'm just tired of trying to wade through and figure out who is just trying to boost their PR up.

Ninja Edit: Added image

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16, 2009 16:59

[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Dingo thanks for reporting this.
V1.0.5 has filtering in it and this may or may not help you with this.
If it does not, please let us know and we will add a rule to the server to limit the spamming of new maps.
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

Somewhat on the subject, can anything be done to prevent people from making tons of TooClose games with a 3 minute time limit? As I'm sure you've heard before, the people who create these games and as soon as their opponents logs off they start the game and skip them (while capturing their bases) to get easy points. This happened to me once, since i love playing that map in regular games, and i was very active and didn't catch the time limit. I check after eating and i had a defeat for 24 points. I want to scream every time i see an entire page of TooClose3m Rated games.

-= The UniWar Team =-
aurens

aurens

I don't see that the filtering helps much. If I am looking for a game close to my rating, and a couple of players near my rating has spammed half a dozen of these, it makes finding a game more difficult.
thethanx

thethanx

Ah, I thought i lost that game before I moved... I think I've fallen into this sort of trap several times. Is there a topic that either exists or could be started that lists common scams run by people trying to raise their ratings? I feel like these kinds of experiences can be avoided easily, but happens all the time to newcomers such as myself all the time. I know it's been mentioned before, but maybe being able to access the forum from the game would encourage people to check it out and maybe learn how to avoid these traps early on, instead of just losing a few games to scammers, getting discouraged and ceasing to play the game. I know also that with a game with this much depth, the forums have been a great reference for me to learn the game.
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

thethanx wrote: Ah, I thought i lost that game before I moved... I think I've fallen into this sort of trap several times.

It's infuriating, is it not? I really don't understand the purpose of 3 minute and 10 minute games. If the player is online they are going to be taking their turns anyway. All these time limits have caused are pain and aggravation (In my experience).

-= The UniWar Team =-
newuser

newuser

Star Driven wrote:
  thethanx wrote: [...] I really don't understand the purpose of 3 minute and 10 minute games. If the player is online they are going to be taking their turns anyway. All these time limits have caused are pain and aggravation (In my experience).

Here here! I think the 1 hour should be the minimum. If you're online you'll move faster than that anyway but it means you don't have to always wonder what will happen if you need to step away for a few minutes.
commentor

commentor

i also hate it when i see multiple games of the same map created by the same person where blue Sapien has the advantage (usually Desolate, Green Valley, Jungle, or Scramble).

i also wish there was an option to hide 3 min, 10 min, and 1 hour games. these games are pointless. if you want to play fast, you can get the same effect with a 12 hour game and just stay online and make your move quickly.

Uniwar devs, please provide an option to NEVER SHOW 3m/10m/1h games in the open games list!!!
Forum Index » New Feature Request