[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Getting Uniwar back into the Appstore top 10!
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Hachiman

Hachiman

The popularity of this great game seems to be waning. I really like playing it, so I'd love it to get a second wind! (and more updates

How about a free version on the app store? In the free version, maybe you could only ever play one race, and you couldn't gain in ratings.

I think this would bring many more players in, and give Uniwar a second chance to get noticed in the New releases section of the app store. Anyone who really liked the game would upgrade to the full version to try out the other races.

As it is now, it's hard to find, even within the strategy game section. This is a shame, because it is IMHO, THE BEST strategy game on a mobile device.

Anyone agree / have any other ideas?
ahbritto

ahbritto

I understand an ad supported version is on the way.

What they really need to do is a usability study and fix the flaws.

I love the game, but there are many times I almost quit. If they found out why people quit, then they could address the worst offending flaws.

-Arthur
Anonymous

Anonymous
they need to give players a reason to play, like by doing monthly or quarterly resets. because right now once you reach a certain level, there are fewer games to play and you don't want to risk dropping 30 points in a single match by losing to someone ranked much lower than you. they need some sort of tournament system, maybe even offer uniwar swag for top players in a given period. there are other minor issues with the game, but i think you'd have a much more active player community if people didn't stop playing once they reach a certain rank.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Well, there's also a bit of a barrier to multiplayer since you have to play through the campaign to learn all the units (and even then, with the lame AI you don't know half of what everything can do.)

It's kind of a catch 22 in that if you want it to be a complex strategy game you're going to turn off many casual players.

I have to say though what other iphone multiplayer game is doing better? Even something like Kil A Ton doesn't have nearly the # of possible game slots open at any given time.

As far as the flaws go, I don't know what to do about it, fixing some might keep players but fundamentally it's a rigged game in so many ways (there's just no way a very smart novice can beat an average experienced player who simply applies the winning set of moves) that I think it's time to just move on to the sequel with what was learned here. And hopefully they will.
Forum Index » New Feature Request