[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
v. 1.0.5 - Playing "offline" problems
Forum Index » Bug Reports
clutch cargo

clutch cargo

Since this upgrade, when selecting Play for offline playing, Uniwar exits back to the itouch "desktop" after about 20 seconds.
At the time of the upgrade, I had an offline game in progress...the Play Solo option did the same thing.

Currently, I can't play offline...FYI...
[Avatar]
Robin

[Avatar]
Robin

This has been reported by a few other people, but I've tried multiple combinations of saved offline games before upgrading, and have so far been unsuccessful at reproducing the problem.

Please provide more detailed information:
- What was the game you had saved? (Campaign/VS/Solo, which map, what did the map look like, races, difficulty settings, etc, be as specific as possible)
- Which version were you upgrading from?
- Which screen did it crash in, and how did you get to that screen?
- Anything else notable (more info is better than less)
[Avatar]
Robin

[Avatar]
Robin

Also, which device and OS version you're using would be helpful, too.
clutch cargo

clutch cargo

Facts...
>Device: iTouch Gen 2. OS is 3.1.1.
...can't recall the previous OS version, but it was the newest version released by Apple up to this newest version.
>This unit has NOT been jailbroken - ever.
>iTouch syncs with my unibody macbook pro, daily
>To my knowledge, all other 29 apps I have operate properly

The issue began when a offline Solo game was in progress; don't remember the exact game.

Currently...
> From desktop icon
> 1st screen: "Current Games", "Play", "Settings", "Help", "About" are the choices.
> Select "Play", screen reverts back to the OS desktop in about 5 seconds.

Now here's one for you...
Just powered down the unit. Reboot. Was able to get past the "Play" button (took about 20 seconds). Pressed the "Play Solo" button, and I was returned to the OS desktop screen. Haven't been able to get back to the "Play Solo" button lately..

Just attempted it again...went from "Play", right back to the OS desktop (no chance to get to the Play Solo choice).
cyfen

cyfen

I'm experiencing the same crash that Clutch reports. Attempting to start a head-to-head game using the Play menu button crashes the app and returns me to the desktop.

iPhone OS 3.1
Uniwar 1.05
iPhone 3GS
[Avatar]
Robin

[Avatar]
Robin

Unfortunately, none of this helps...I've tried those exact steps many times after upgrading with saved offline games, and still haven't been able to get the problem to happen.

The problem is definitely coming from an offline game saved from a previous version, but we still can't tell exactly what it is.

The only way around this at the moment is to reinstall the application, as that will clear your save data. Unfortunately, this will clear out your campaign mode progress as well...
rolando

rolando

cyfen wrote: I'm experiencing the same crash that Clutch reports. Attempting to start a head-to-head game using the Play menu button crashes the app and returns me to the desktop.

iPhone OS 3.1
Uniwar 1.05
iPhone 3GS

Cyfen, just to clarify, you started a new VS game? You did not resume a current game?
cyfen

cyfen

I did have a human v. human game stored from 1.04.

The crash is happening whenever I hit the Play button. Current Games, however still works for accessing online games.
rolando

rolando

cyfen wrote: I did have a human v. human game stored from 1.04.

The crash is happening whenever I hit the Play button. Current Games, however still works for accessing online games.

Did you get a message saying your current game will be erased when you tried to start a new VS game?
clutch cargo

clutch cargo

Rolando wrote: The crash is happening whenever I hit the Play button. Current Games, however still works for accessing online games.

For what it's worth...
As mentioned, I can also access online play.
Still, cannot play offline. I'm hoping for a better solution than a game dump, so I'll sit tight on this...
rolando

rolando

You probably already did this, but if the Resume Game option is available does it also crash when you try resuming that saved solo/vs game?
rolando

rolando

Also, can you play the campaign?
lvillalt99

lvillalt99

Had something that could be similar:

iTouch 1G, OS 3.1.1, iTunes 9.0.1

I had not played since June, and had ONLY played the campaign mode. I had that campaign going since I bought the game on Launch. Always update games like clockwork.

Yesterday I started UniWar for the first time since June. I was at a place with no WiFi. The 'notifications' pop-up came up, I mistakenly pressed 'OK' (here I am paraphrasing, I don't remember the exact names of these things...)

I recall that the first menu that came up after that had a 'Play Solo' button at the top, and I pressed it. The game exited to the springboard. I started UniWar again, and this time followed the menu to campaign, and resume.

It resumed my game at the level where one needs to survive 20 turns. After I died, I attempted to restart and the game froze at the menu. If I hit the Home button it would still play the music for 20 seconds afterwards. I did this two or three times. Then I deleted UniWar.

At Home I checked for updates, loaded a couple of new games, reloaded UniWar via WiFi. after this, I restarted the iTouch (complete shutdown and restart). After the restart, I started UniWar, and set up my online account, and exited. Restarted the device once again, and then restarted a new campaign from the beginning. All OK so far.

Bottom line: It Works now.

Hopefully this is enough info. Normally don't keep an SQA log when playing games

Anonymous

Anonymous
lvillalt99, thanks for that detailed report.

We'll get back to everyone if we find the source of this problem.
rolando

rolando

Anonymous wrote: lvillalt99, thanks for that detailed report.

We'll get back to everyone if we find the source of this problem.

Haha, oops! I thought I was logged in, but I was not.
Forum Index » Bug Reports