[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Thoughts about titans
Forum Index » General Discussion
nixoncc

nixoncc

Before this is flammed - let me preface by saying 95% of the games I play are with the Khralean race. With that said - I believe the Titans Tanks which cost 500 credits to build are not strong enough against ground heavy units. I believe an end goal of the developers is balance within the game and across races.

In an isolated area - the heavy units of the Khralean race will destroy the heavy units of Titans. I believe the "strength" of the titans is their power. I am proposing to increase the Titan tanks attack against ground heavy units. If a tank attacks a Khral heavy, then the Khral heavy revives itself - it has the upper hand. With Khrals producing heavy units quicker (as they are cheaper)- I have never seen the titans tanks overpower the Khrals heavy units. (There are other tactics that can be used, etc. that can result in a Titan win). I'm not saying Titans can't beat Khrals - what I'm trying to iterate is that Titans are supposed to be the expensive but powerful race. I think they should be more powerful against ground heavy as I have not been overpowered by Titans when playing them as I would expect to be.

Wow - just reread my post, extremely poorly worded - hope my point comes across...chalk it up to the end of a extremely long week. What are you guys' thoughts?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 30, 2009 03:28

brainiac

brainiac

you really don't have a plasma tank vs pinzer in open field very often. its more likely they are backed by their support unit in in which case pinzer healing 6 dominates the plasma.
the main use of plasmas is on defense - that is, to stop enemy units from getting through while u sit there with a walker or two and a dozen or so mechas as a cushion.
dingo

dingo

brainiac wrote: you really don't have a plasma tank vs pinzer in open field very often. its more likely they are backed by their support unit in in which case pinzer healing 6 dominates the plasma.
the main use of plasmas is on defense - that is, to stop enemy units from getting through while u sit there with a walker or two and a dozen or so mechas as a cushion.

This.
[Avatar]
aLoN

[Avatar]
aLoN

i'll have to agree with brainiac, titans are very strong and are good on most maps....

i'll play you if you want..
Hachiman

Hachiman

The thing in this matchup is that the Plasma is stronger, but it is mostly ok to wear it down over several turns, but requires some planning.

The Pinzer is weaker, but you have to kill it quick, or it will heal and come back strong again. There are several ways to do this, but it requires some thought.

For mine, that's a good dynamic.
Forum Index » General Discussion