[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Black screen on exiting in-game chat
Forum Index » Bug Reports
Have you experienced this problem?
I've never seen this 10% [ 1 ]
I've seen it very rarely 20% [ 2 ]
I see this all the time 60% [ 6 ]
I used to see it on a previous install / version 0% [ 0 ]
I've only seen it since reinstalling / upgrading 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10
[Avatar]
soupnet

[Avatar]
soupnet

I've had this problem quite a bit, around 5% of the time. If I go to the white screen with the keyboard while in a game, sometimes when exiting that screen, whether I've typed anything or not, the screen will go black and stay black. If I've typed comments I find after rebooting that they were actually submitted.

I haven't really asked anyone else in game if they've ever had this problem but I've been seeing it since version 1. The game has been upgraded twice but I have never tried deleting it and reinstalling.

iPhone firmware: 3.1.2
Uniwar version: 1.0.5

[Avatar]
soupnet

[Avatar]
soupnet

I've seen this happen another 3 times since I posted this yesterday.
dingo

dingo

So..... what's keeping you from reinstalling exactly?
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

Reinstalling does nothing, I've seen it occasionally and I believe it's just a bug.

-= The UniWar Team =-
dingo

dingo

Star Driven wrote: Reinstalling does nothing, I've seen it occasionally and I believe it's just a bug.

I'll direct you to this original comment:

soupnet wrote:The game has been upgraded twice but I have never tried deleting it and reinstalling.

So they have never attempted to reinstall. I've known several applications which spontaneously have files become corrupt, which very likely could have happened in this case.

I'm unsure of why exactly you would dismiss a standard troubleshooting step for anything technology related, and considering it takes all of 5 minutes, if anything it's 5 minutes wasted and knowledge gained that there likely isn't something wrong with the install, but elsewhere on the phone.
[Avatar]
soupnet

[Avatar]
soupnet

OK, so it happened about 5 times yesterday and I decided to give reinstalling a try. I can now play single player again, since my campaign data has been wiped, but the black screen still comes up after exiting chat (sometimes). It's already happened twice since I reinstalled.
thethanx

thethanx

yup same problem here. tried reinstalling as well.
[Avatar]
PintOfAle

[Avatar]
PintOfAle

Yes, I see this regularly too. Latest version of iPhone s/w and Uniwar.
rolando

rolando

Thanks for all the input. We are upgrading the text-entry to use a keyboard overlay instead. More iPhone-esque You stay within the application and can view chat and such while writing your message.

This will be in the next update.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19, 2009 22:30

[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

dingo wrote:
  Star Driven wrote: Reinstalling does nothing, I've seen it occasionally and I believe it's just a bug.

I'll direct you to this original comment:

soupnet wrote:The game has been upgraded twice but I have never tried deleting it and reinstalling.

So they have never attempted to reinstall. I've known several applications which spontaneously have files become corrupt, which very likely could have happened in this case.

I'm unsure of why exactly you would dismiss a standard troubleshooting step for anything technology related, and considering it takes all of 5 minutes, if anything it's 5 minutes wasted and knowledge gained that there likely isn't something wrong with the install, but elsewhere on the phone.

Yeah, i guess it was my bad for not mentioning that I had already tried reinstalling, without it working. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

-= The UniWar Team =-
newuser

newuser

Star Driven wrote:
  dingo wrote:

[...]
[...]

I see this problem all the time and I always have. I've reinstalled several times with no luck. I always feel that if I make a comment there's about a 20% chance that I'll be booted out of the game, then need to go back in and not even be able to trust the chat window to tell me for sure whether my comment actually got posted or not. I live with it but it's annoying. (superstition: I usually leave it in the black screen for 1-2 minutes since I think that increases the chance that your comment actually got posted).

It's a real bug, even if not all users are affected. Maybe Uniwar should put up a poll of which hardware/software combinations see this problem so they can duplicate it in-house.
thethanx

thethanx

So I've experienced this "black screen" very little in the past few weeks, but it came up again and I noticed that before it happened, I got a text and it popped up as an alert which I closed. I don't know if this is an isolated experience or not, since I hadn't been having any issues recently it seemed to stick out. I am running a jailbroken iphone 3g... hope it helps
commentor

commentor

i experienced this also a few days ago. it happens right after you send a message and you have to restart the app. haven't seen it lately, but also haven't used the chat much.
Forum Index » Bug Reports