[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Allow one player to take multiple armies on the same account
Forum Index » New Feature Request
michelada

michelada

I suggest allowing a player to take several slots in a team game, with the same username.

This would help with the issue of team matches where two players are playing against one person controlling two armies, as at least it would be obvious that they were doing so. (Meaning, they wouldn't be doing it with two accounts, so the person doing it could do so above board and the other players couldn't accuse them of cheating.)

But even better, it would facilitate games where two players could control several armies of mixed races. So I could take one side with two or four armies of my choosing against another player doing the same. This could add a lot of new life to Uniwar, and maybe even make it feel like a whole new game.
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

That is not a bad idea...
What do other people think about it?
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

I love it, it could add some new depth to the game.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

It seems like a simple idea but I agree that it has a lot of potential!

It could also solve the problem on the maps where some slots are clearly better than others. So on Fullplanet each player would choose one "good" colour (red, blue, green and yellow) and one "bad" color (others).

And it would facilitate real wars of races; eg my four Khral armies against my opponent's four Titan armies. I'd really like to try that!
Hachiman

Hachiman

I think it's a simple, great idea.

However:

1) Should be disallowed for FFA's.
2) Should be an option, disabled by default.
3) All slots you take must be on the same team.
4) You should have to take to take all the slots you are going to take when you first join the game. Otherwise it is prone to abuse (you set up a game, people join, then you take the remaining slots, giving yourself an advantage).
The Dogalyst

The Dogalyst

5) When you win you are not awarded multiple point increases, and likewise for point decreases when you lose.

Playing multiple armies would otherwise be an unfair fast track up the ladder. Compare the following scenarios:

A: I play a FFA Full Planet, and I come out on top. I beat 7 players, and so get 7 point increases. This makes sense because I successively beat/survived seven opponents. I had to overcome seven opponents each of whom had the same resources that I had -- i.e. I had 1/8th of the planet and 1/8 of starting resources. The reward is commensurate with the risk.

B: I play a 1 vs 1 Full Planet, and I come out on top. I beat 1 players, and so get 1 point increase. Again, the reward is commensurate with the risk.

C: I play a team Full Planet, and play all four players on one team. Even though there were 4 opponent minds, I played one four colored army and they played one four colored army. So this is essentially the same as B in terms of risk and reward.

Forum Index » New Feature Request