[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Potential New Feature: Cancel and REDO Turn
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

UniWarriors,

The team is thinking of adding a paid option that would allow players to redo their turns BEFORE clicking on the END TURN button.
This feature would be very useful for players who make a mistake during their turn or when their later (before ending turn) realize that they should have played otherwise.

We are thinking of adding In-App purchases for this so that people do not abuse this feature.
We are still thinking about the cost of such feature.
Let us know if you have ideas (how many redo allowed per 99 cents for instance).

Thanks!

The UniWar Team
[Avatar]
Star Driven

[Avatar]
Star Driven

wouldn't this allow players to make a move that would be illogical normally, but gain them lots of map vision, and then undo the turn and play based on that new knowledge?

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

As some people (including myself) mentioned earlier on this forum, there is definitely willingness to spend money in order to keep this game alive. Possibilities included map purchase, the ability to exceed 25 games at a time and so on.

BUT: From my point of view a purchase should not in any way benefit the buyer in a game against non-buyers. That just seems unfair and frustrating. If you loose a game thinking that you may have won if it wasn't for the money you're not going to keep on playing.
So that's a definitive !please don't! from my side.
Hachiman

Hachiman

I think it's a very bad idea to allow a player to pay for an advantage in a strategy game, especially one with a random element.

The appeal of the game is the opportunity to out think your opponent, not to out pay him. Many of the game's best moments are tense decisions are about what to attack with what, and in what order. This change would diminish those decisions.

I wouldn't pay for this, and I wouldn't want to play anyone who used it against me.

I think any paid for add-ons should add content, not unfair advantages.
The Dogalyst

The Dogalyst

Agreed. Wining should be determined by skill, not by wealth.
michelada

michelada

It's not like paying 99 cents is going to stop people from taking advantage. If anything they're going to abuse it more, since they paid for the privilege.

New maps or new modes of play is all that I would pay for (and I would pay for them happily.) Any paid additions should add some new life into the game, not give players an edge over those who don't pay. And being totally honest I think the game does need some new life, I haven't seen a new strategy being used in months and right now all games seem to be won or lost at the setup screen.

I'd love to see more options to customize games. I know I suggested taking multiple slots to have big battles on team matches, I'd still like to try that (mixed armies would be great). Another thing I'd love to see would be the option to customize games even further for special challenges, like limiting playable units (e.g. no tanks) or increasing cash flow (unlimited money maps could be fun once in a while!)

Or even add modes with new objectives, like a middle base to hold for ten turns to win, or some variation of capture the flag, or a deathmatch with two large armies and no option to create new units, only to heal what's there. Make them unrated and just there for the veterans to have fun with new modes of play. THAT is what I would pay for.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 19, 2009 18:40

newuser

newuser

michelada wrote: It's not like paying 99 cents is going to stop people from taking advantage. If anything they're going to abuse it more, since they paid for the privilege.

I have to agree with Michelada (including the suggestions I didn't quote here!).

This feature sounds very "cheatish" and giving players that pay an extra buck a competitive advantage will turn off most of your potential buyers! I would probably pay the buck to keep it form being spoiled, but your community will erode and eventually it won't be fun for anyone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 21, 2009 17:44

malachi

malachi

honestly , the fact that you are even considering such a thing is very troubling. You have a GEM here. A brilliant multiplayer strategy game that will gain popularity if you simply fix some balancing issues and impose some restrictions that prevent cheating. Please don't screw it up by allowing players to gain advantage through money or time spend (i.e. WOW). As your user base grows you should be able to charge more and monetize all the hard work you've done. I will be the first one in line to pay again once you balance the maps and the game.

thanks!
dingo

dingo

I've been sitting on this topic for a while now, making sure that I didn't just post the first thing that came to my mind, which I might later regret. Since then I've had some time to cool down a bit, but want to convey my thoughts, as someone who has purchased three copies of the game now. (ipod, friend's phone, Android)

While I love this game to pieces, and it's easily the most played application on my ipod, I fear the idea of microtransactions making their way into this game. I'll try to break these down for you all.

My first concern is that it really does destroy the integrity of the game. No longer are you facing people who are forced to think through each and every move, but who is willing to make a risky move, and when it doesn't pay off, they reset and go the safe route. I'm parroting the other players who have said this, but yes, it does need to be said on my part as well.

Secondly, I question why a decision such as this would be made instead of adding more content. It feels like instead of providing a better end user experience, the powers that be would rather make an extra buck with as litte work as possible. It's disheartening because I know that the people who really love this game are better than that. You've worked to better balance the game, to really make things better for the end user.

Lastly is really something that may be seen as "selfish" from an end user point of view. There have been posts mentioning that this game will be coming to j2me and posibly even Facebook. Knowing this, the only logical thing that can be done with the iphone application is that it's made a free app with microtransactions instead of a paid app.

I may be one of the only people who may feel slighted by these type of actions, what happens to the people that have paid for this application? Are we told "thanks for the money, how about spending some more for a slight advantage?"

This same type of thing happened with several other applications, and each and every one of them I've deleted from my device and been frustrated that there was no recourse for the money I'd spent for an application that had drastically changed. Apple doesn't allow a customer to file for any kind of reimbursement if major changes are made to an application.

In the end, you might see a small bump in the income you see regularly, but I can guarantee that the most passionate players will at best lose interest, and at worst they will make a stink about what has happened. There is a saying that someone who is happy with a product will tell one or two people about their experience, where someone who has a bad experience will tell the world. I think this holds true in this situation. I've said nothing but positive remarks about UniWar, and ended up with 4 friends who purchased the game.

I hope that wiser heads prevail and maintain the integrity of this game. If there is a dire need for income, listen to the players and add content, add a random map generator, anything aside fleecing the end users for a quick buck.
nowells

nowells

Have you considered adding a Map Building feature (pay to add feature, or pay per map you share with world) or a Web Based client. I think these would greatly increase the replayability.
Forum Index » New Feature Request