[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Suggestion: Fair map set-up thought
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Hachiman

Hachiman

It seems that slight map imbalances are always going to mean a lot of available games to join are not fair in this game. I mean why wouldn't people set up a game where they think they have the best chance to win? This is why you see many games of the most notoriously unbalanced maps (eg Desolate, Green Valley, Scramble) available all the time. Traps like this make the game less fun.

One thought is to change the way games are set up.

What if the player setting up the map chose both the map AND both races to play, and the joining player then chose which side he wanted to play out of the two the first player had selected.

I think very quickly you would see players setting up games they thought were the most fair, instead of the most advantageous to themselves. Because if you set up an unbalanced combo, you would likely have it used against you!

As an added advantage, this could mean the host wouldn't always move first.

Just a thought.
thethanx

thethanx

That makes a lot of sense... now what are these dead end traps? I think I've hit a few and would like to avoid them
malachi

malachi

Nice!
[Avatar]
Mew2468

[Avatar]
Mew2468

Sounds like a great idea!

My Custom Uniwar Maps
luis91

luis91

I would just add the feature, that the beginning player is choosen randomly!

the most maps, which are unbalanced, are unbalanced, because the beginning player has an advantage.

So these maps would not be open that often...
commentor

commentor

i agree that the order of play should be random. right now, all you see are 1 vs 1 games on Desolate, Green Valley, and Jungle where blue Sapiens are unbeatable (if you know the right starting moves). either fix the maps or randomize who goes first.
Forum Index » New Feature Request