[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
preview damage
Forum Index » New Feature Request
aurens

aurens

If I want to know the consequences of attacking an enemy unit, I must calculate odds based on the inherent strengths of each unit, their health levels, and the terrain each unit occupies. And I must do this in my head, even though I am holding a computer. Why not have the game show how much damage each unit is likely to sustain?

Obviously, this would work better if the random factor were eliminated, a change I endorse. But even with the random factor, damage could be shown as a range, or an average.
thethanx

thethanx

I agree, Personally I like the sound of a range best, but either one would be awesome. How would it look when surrounded by multiple enemies? would you have to select one, see the prediction, than choose to commence the attack, or would it be displayed right over the icons somehow (maybe damage dealth and recieved in different colors on the enemy)?
luis91

luis91

i agree!

i would show the damage range, when you choose your unit, and it should be shown next to health of each unit.

And it would be great, if one can see how much damage a unit would get by another.
This should be shown, when you attack the enemy unit and you have to verify the attack afterwards.

hope you understand me ^^
commentor

commentor

the random factor sucks. i don't know how many times i've been screwed because of a key attack didn't inflict as much damage as i expected. i don't know if showing a range would help much since i already know the range.

i would, however, like a way to see where my opponent can move and where he can't because of my zone of defense. sometimes i miscalculate where my opponent can reach and he ends up getting around my defense.
puQuak

puQuak

Why would you want to help balance the field for the newer or less anal, buy giving them this info? Don't you want to help the more veteran players increase their scores
therobyeah?

therobyeah?

Sorry but I don't agree. This would remove a lot of skill from the game. The point is that you learn which units are best at attacking the others.
[Avatar]
gunther84

[Avatar]
gunther84

...all your bases are belong to us...
luis91

luis91

Sorry but I don't agree. This would remove a lot of skill from the game. The point is that you learn which units are best at attacking the others.

yeah and the game is not about, who got the most time to calculate the damage range before every attack...

it would save time!
Derka

Derka

therobyeah? wrote: Sorry but I don't agree. This would remove a lot of skill from the game. The point is that you learn which units are best at attacking the others.

SKILL? Haha! No man, thats way off. I hear what you are saying, but its wrong... there is a lot of random crap in this game. It has nothing to do with skill.

EXAMPLE: Sometimes a swarmer hits a chopper for 1. sometimes it hits for ZERO. WHY? they both are not helped or hurt by terrain.

this is one of the most frustrating and worst things about this game. At least the damn air units should ALWAYS hit for the same amount if the factors are the same for both sides. If you have ever played the game advance wars, you know what im talking about....

AMIRITE?
therobyeah?

therobyeah?

what i mean is you should learn through experience the best moves to take. Don't you think its pretty crazy if a strategy game had an undo function?
Forum Index » New Feature Request