[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
creating game as not first player
Forum Index » New Feature Request
brainiac

brainiac

an interesting feature would be the ability to start a game and then play as the second player because in some maps it is different based on where you start. hourglass, for example, is rigged against player 1 so i would want to start as player 2.
[Avatar]
sandymac

[Avatar]
sandymac

To add to this I'd like the option so that it's random which spot players are assigned to. This way you don't know where you are going to start from.
scurvy

scurvy

Yeah, this absolutely is something that needs to be added and soon. I'd suggest it just be random which player goes first, so if you start the game you could be red or blue and don't know until it begins.

Right now there are some maps like Montevideo where if the blue player knows what they're doing there's almost no chance of losing, even against a better player.
brainiac

brainiac

it is an issue not only on maps like Montevideo where you are racing to a base but also maps like Desert Isle where player 2 can build a helicopter first and then holds that advantage the whole game. i have been losing a lot recently at Desert Isle as player 1 (sapiens vs aspens) but i have yet to lose as player 2.
clamato

clamato

You can always pass on your first turn, then build a helicopter as well.
brainiac

brainiac

obviously you would do that but then your opponent still gets the first move with a helicopter
clamato

clamato

It's winnable. I always pass first to build a better unit. Not that I win every time but it's a fairer fight than other maps I could name.

Though I do think it should be random just to mix things up. I rarely get to be player 2 since I'm always the one starting the games.. no one's ever offering a map or time limit I want to play so I end up creating most games myself.
Forum Index » New Feature Request