[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The future of the game?
Forum Index » General Discussion
llvv

llvv

I can't say enough good things about this game, and I enjoy it tremendously. It definitely needs some upgrades but I was sure it would come out soon, until just now. I saw the $0.99 sale and was to call some friends to let them know about it. Then I saw a review in the Apple store, which says that the server will be shut down soon, and the company has fired 7 of its 12 developers. Is it true? If it is true, will it effect the game? Will it be out and we will not be able to play it?
My other question is when the new version of the game comes out, do we, the one who purchased the game now, need to pay for the newer version? If we do, will there be any discount or is it gonna be full-price for every one?

Thanks a lot for any information that can shed some light on the subjects !
michelada

michelada

That review is from May 22... Six months ago... And was buried so deep in the 1000 other reviews that I have to be a little suspicious about why you'd even bring it up...

No offense if your concerns are real.. though really, we are talking about a (currently) 99 cent game here, so it's not like you're going to be out a lot of cash if they do shut down one of these days. But again, that was written six months ago and they're still here.
llvv

llvv

Did you go to Apple Store and check the game there? The review is the first one to see in the review section, and the post date is November 27. What May review are you talking about?

If it were my money, I would not mind paying 99 cents. Again, I can't say enough good thing about the game. However, I am talking my friends into buying it. 99 cents or not, I don't want my friends to come back to me and say: "The game you introduce to us dies a month after we bought it." Besides, I really want the game to last a long time. Did I say that I enjoyed it tremendously?

I really look forward to the new version of the game. From what I heard, it is very promising. For a game this good to be out, I would be very sad. I hope that my concern is not something that I should be concerned about and thing will go well at the end.
zelazny

zelazny

That could have been a disgruntled employee or someone just trolling. Or, perhaps it's true, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're going down. Either way I'm sure they are doing their best to stay in business as long as they can. No company wants to do badly and no one likes laying off employees.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01, 2009 20:32

[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

As the CEO of Javaground, I can tell you that this game will stay alive as long as the App Store is alive.

In fact, we are even in the process of greatly expanding our reach with many more handsets.
So tell your friends that there soon will be no excuses to not playing the game regardless of their handset.

Cheers,

Kralux
llvv

llvv

kralux wrote: As the CEO of Javaground, I can tell you that this game will stay alive as long as the App Store is alive.
Cheers,
Kralux

Thanks a lot for the reassurance! I have told my friends about it before reading your response, by the way. One of them has bought the game, 2 more will soon. The other guys want to play it, but they do not have an iPhone, nor an Android phone. If the game is on Facebook, they will definitely play, and I sure can get more of my friends playing it.

My other question is still unanswered though. This is simply out of curiosity. When you put up the new version, do we need to pay for it again, or will there be discount for upgrading? Either way, I am getting the new version, especially when it has a map editor .

Thanks again for this excellent game!

EDIT: One of my friends just bought the game .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01, 2009 11:51

[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

llvv, thanks for your support.

We think that we will add the new map editor as an in-app purchase item to try and cover its development cost as much as possible.

Updates are free however and will always be free on the appstore.

Note that the game will be available on AT&T, Verizon, and OVI store in the next few weeks if not days.

The online and Facebook versions will be free for the campaigns but players will have to pay a fee to have access to the online mode (it will be a few dollars every six months or so).
commentor

commentor

anyone else notice the dearth of rated 1-on-1 games? is it because of the holidays and everyone is away on vacation?
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

kralux wrote: llvv, thanks for your support.

We think that we will add the new map editor as an in-app purchase item to try and cover its development cost as much as possible.

Awesome! Another thing to consider is potentially offering map packs as in-app purchases. I bet those of us who play quite a bit would buy them.
Forum Index » General Discussion