[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Balancing questions
Forum Index » General Discussion
Cavvo

Cavvo

It seems to me that with each race having one caster unit, and having that caster unit be specialized against one other race, that there will be an inevitable imbalance in every 1v1 that isn't a mirror match-up. It seems like titans are at a disadvantage against sapiens, who are at a disadvantage against khraleans, who are at a disadvantage against titans.

Now, I've seen the copter as a potentially devastating weapon sapiens have against khraleans, but what balances khraleans against titans, or titans against sapiens?
[Avatar]
Kevor

[Avatar]
Kevor

Cavvo wrote: It seems to me that with each race having one caster unit, and having that caster unit be specialized against one other race, that there will be an inevitable imbalance in every 1v1 that isn't a mirror match-up. It seems like titans are at a disadvantage against sapiens, who are at a disadvantage against khraleans, who are at a disadvantage against titans.

Now, I've seen the copter as a potentially devastating weapon sapiens have against khraleans, but what balances khraleans against titans, or titans against sapiens?

I can kick titan butt almost every time playing as Khralean – depending on the map. (In fact, in a "A River Runs Through it", I think it is impossible for Titan to beat Khral.) Titans are strong but very slow -- take a long time to build and long to heal. And buried underlings can take out assimilators before they can take them over. You can almost always find a strategy to overcome the enemy.

Likewise, sapiens can kick Khral butt as well. Infectors are expensive and slow -- vulnerable. Easy to kill before they plague or infect, if you go at them with a massed attack. And engineers are cheaper and can cure plague.

Titans vs. Sapiens is tougher. You have to KO engineers ASAP, or they can take you out. With the revised rules, it is easier, but still not very easy, to survive an engineer spam. Plasma tanks are the strongest land unit, bar none. Use them, with eclipses and speeders close behind, and you can rule sapiens. Sometimes...

No battle plan survives contact with the enemy...
(Helmuth von Moltke, Generalfeldmarschall of the Prussian Army)
Forum Index » General Discussion