[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar Hack Revealed! - 2 week notice
Forum Index » Guides & Tips
moerderin

moerderin

2 weeks from today I'm going to go public with a very easy way to hack uniwar. Dev's, you have 2 weeks to contact me so that I can explain what I'm doing, and offer possible solutions. (Although honestly I'd be surprised if you didn't already know what the hack is, it's so basic)

Overview of the hack:
This hack allows you can modify any damage with from any of your units (heck, I can kill a 10 helicopter with a 1 underling, standing on desert or swamp)

I'll post a screenshot, but I need somebody's help. Somebody invite me to an un-rated private game so that you can take the screenshot during the replay.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05, 2010 10:12

alex94040

alex94040

Well, it sucks that the game is hacked, but it's good that the hack will be out in the open. Developers of the game, please cooperate with moerderin and get this patched as soon as possible.

I'm playing moerderin in a private game, I'll take a screenshot. I'm pretty invested in the game, 2000+ rating, so I'm hopeful this will be a trustworthy source. If somebody else wants to double-check and also post a screenshot, invite moerderin into a non-rated game.
alex94040

alex94040

Here are the screenshots from the game where moerderin demonstrated the hack to me. I have no doubt that he indeed has successfully hacked the game. Developers of Uniwar, please work with moerderin as soon as possible to get this fixed.

Here's a 1-health ant killing a 10-health helicopter:

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 06, 2010 23:10

alex94040

alex94040

---

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06, 2010 16:43

moerderin

moerderin

image links are very broken...
alex94040

alex94040

Fixed the images.
Hachiman

Hachiman

Hmmm, hack or photoshop? You people seem pretty good at getting screen shots at the right time!
alex94040

alex94040

Hachiman - you are alleging that three people with rating significantly higher than yours are lying. That's, well, a bit rude.

That said, if you have doubts, go ahead and invite moerderin to a non-rated game. He can demonstrate the hack to you like he did to me.

Denying this issue is only going to make it worse - the time is ticking, moerderin will go public with the hack if the hole is not patched, and the game will become unplayable because of massive cheating.
moerderin

moerderin

better yet make a rated game, i'd love a higher score before I get banned =)
Hachiman

Hachiman

alex94040 wrote: Hachiman - you are alleging that three people with rating significantly higher than yours are lying. That's, well, a bit rude.

I'm not alleging anything. I was simply suggesting there are other possible explanations. In my experience it is best not to take the word of anonymous people on the internet at face value. So you can calm down.

I did have moerderin demonstrate this in a game to me, and I too now believe it to be true.

I think it could be handled without all the drama though. Why don't you guys just PM Kralux or Rolando, or contact them via the Uniwar Facebook or Twitter accounts? They might not see the message here.

[edit]

I PM'd Kralux on here and on Facebook to let him know.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13, 2010 20:02

[Avatar]
kralux

[Avatar]
kralux

Moerderin, feel free to send me a private message if you want to communicate.
Thanks,

Kralu x
scam1bag

scam1bag

well? hello? Kralux, moerderin is still ruining our games, whats the story?
The Dogalyst

The Dogalyst

moederin and whitecat have acted like total jackasses and are trying to justify it as "for the greater good". Bull-fucking-shit.

The fact that the Uniwar team needs to be pushed by something dramatic to force them to give this issue priority, or even to admit there is a problem (see my emails to them which I'll post next), does not excuse moederin and whitecat's wasting a lot of players very valuable time, who go into games with a good faith belief that their time trying to actually win isn't for naught. There are alternatives that don't involve totally jacking over other innocent players like this. For example, if these two guys said up front, "Everyone, I'm going to cheat, because this is the only way to get the Uniwar team to acknowledge the problem and fix it", then we other players could all send lots of complaints to support@uniwar.com or post to this forum, without having wasted our time, without having to be punished, without having to be deceived.

The fact that they don't honestly give a fuck about anyone but themselves is clear in their snarky responses to people's anger. The fact that they've been using this cheat for a long time in subtle and thus hard-to-detect ways puts the lie to their claim that they cheated for honest reasons.

[I've also posted this on the "Crazy what happened here?" thread. Please read moederin's comments there as well]
moerderin1

moerderin1

The Dogalyst you sound like you need a shoulder to cry on.
The Dogalyst

The Dogalyst

My emails to Uniwar on this matter, in order:

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Dogalyst wrote:
Hey guys. A hack-based cheat is in progress, and I have stopped the game in case your playback capability is limited to the last round.

The game is "OCTAL 1800up". A 1-hp swarmer destroyed a 3-hp marine caping a base. I am 99% certain this is not possible, and verfied with a number of tests before emailing you.

The player in question has apparently been caught doing this before.

Can you please check it out before my turn ends (6pm PST Tue) and respond? Thanks.

dogalyst

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010, at 5:00 PM, Dogalyst wrote:
Could I please get a response. I just saw the posts by moerderin on the forums. I know you'd rather this not get publicized, but if you can't fix this pronto you need to make a public announcement. Transparency is important if you want to keep your loyal player base.

If you need help finding solutions let me know, though I'm pretty sure you already know what to do.

dogalyst

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Dogalyst wrote:
Please forward this email to Kralux.

I guess you're dealing with lots of emails so haven't gotten to mine (below) and won't even get to this one. Or perhaps you guys are under a lot of pressure and infighting is becoming a problem and things are falling apart. Whatever the reason, legit or not, Uniwar isn't worth it for me.

Some people play to win individual games, others play the climb the ladder game. I'm in the latter camp because there's a point where individual games become boring. Whichever game you play, when the integrity of the game is lost, all the time anyone put in is also lost. If you play individual games, that translates to 10s of minutes to hours. For ladder players, it translates to days of wasted time. That kind if thing causes frustration first, then grows to anger.

I've put in a lot of time into this game. As a designer, I've also put a lot of time documenting and analyzing Uniwar problems and have come up with solutions. They are mostly on a private wiki that I was going to get feedback on from other uniwar vets and then share with you guys. No I'm just thinking of tossing it. Sigh.

dogalyst

Forum Index » Guides & Tips