[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Changes are coming to uniwar...
Forum Index » General Discussion
Lava

Lava

simsverd wrote:
  Lava wrote:

Perhaps, pay for smarter bots with unigold. 2 options, A big one time sum forever or small sum for each time. If you need more than 1 bot, you pay again.

one time cost for various things:
o To have the ability to enable/disable random in game.
o To have the ability to enable/disable fog in game.
o Buying an avatar instead of current units. You can buy multiple.
o Replay previous turn at any time.

random: would you think it ok that one player have random enabled while the other not?
fog of war: disagree. This will break a principle that a player cant buy a victory.. this opens up pandoras box (like it is in most "free to play" games btw ... i still hope uniwar will not go that route)

RE: fog of war. I should clarify, when you 'host' the game, you are allowed to turn it on or off for the match. NOT that one player has it on and one has off (ie: based on who pays). Whereas, if you did not 'buy' this option, when you 'host' the game, fog of war is always on or always off (dev's choice).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19, 2014 00:19

Lava

Lava

simsverd wrote:
  Lava wrote:
RE: unigold for reset/undo. Is this after the 'end' button or before (and of course, before anyone else moves)? If it's after then it's more useful because there's been a few times where, I didn't attack or I've moved on top a base and for whatever reason fat fingered the capture and didn't see it until after I ended the turn. I had it where I noticed it's before the end but then, at lease, when I can, I compensate with other units.

reset/undo: this is possible to do today by logging between accounts, deleting the game data or re-installing the game - before end turn and upload to the server. Most high level players know of and use this. This payed option will enable all to do this "hassle free". The devs cant remove current flaw on redo withoput a major rewrtite (upload each move), so why not make it more awailable and monetize it?

re: undo. I would like to see an undo AFTER you hit end turn; allowable say up to 2 minutes (or some set time, even 30 seconds?) as long as the other player has not yet gone. Mostly due to the fat finger issue (ending turn by accident, which incidentally, I did twice this past week OR moving/not moving/not capping/wrong target/etc.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19, 2014 00:19

Lava

Lava

Oh and for purely selfish reasons...

And while I have already voiced my opinion that there should not be a 'free' version (at least not without doing trade studies on the long term viability of the nickel & dime or freeimum sales model), however, should the decision do have a free version.... Those that own a copy should be grand-fathered in and nothing should be taken or limited away. If need be, instead of the 2 (premium, free), have 3 (supporters, premium, free , where supporters are the grand-fathered accounts.
Lava

Lava

simsverd wrote:
  Lava wrote: Old thread but my input are:

RE: using unigold for map publishing.... Unreasonable to spend time creating something for the community and have to pay for the privilege of doing so. Instead, the opposite should occur, map authors should be given unigold. Not on publishing (reduces the random map generator publisher folks) but on how often the maps are played.

Thank you for your great input. Some comments (have to split it up since post will be to long):

Unigold for map-publish : i agree with you that it should be free. At least it should be possible to deploy expirinbg test maps (1 day?) wich also would solve some of the worst problems of the thousands of poorly designed and never played maps. About getting unigold for someone to play your maps: idea is good, but i see a possible exploit.. might work so that each player only count once

No problem. Glad to contribute.

Re: maps. A system should be implemented where if a map hasn't been played in x time period (and/or badly rated, or some combination of variables), the owner gets a notice / dialog (with play stats [times played, last time played, rating, etc.]) that it's being deleted and if it's okay. If no reply is given after x time period (ie: owner no longer plays uniwar), then the map is auto deleted. Hopefully, this will resolve some of the never played maps.

Do maps ever go away, even after it's deleted from the selection list? As I noticed that when a new version of a map is upload, it can't have the same name.

Too many maps just makes the selection of a map harder (trying to find a 'good map') and less time playing the darn game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19, 2014 00:36

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

How much feedback did you guys get in the poll you gave a little while ago? I'm very curious what you thought about my suggestions I wish I had copied them to paste here since people are getting dev replies.

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
Forum Index » General Discussion