[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Rank Reform
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
aggiescotty

aggiescotty

I have been playing this game for almost 2 years now with several of my friends. We usually will each have a team game vs each other, a ffa vs each other as well as several random ranked matches going at once. The fact that our team and custom ffa matches are no longer going to be ranked is probably going to stop us all from play this game, as it just isn't as fun if there is nothing on the line.

Please allow custom/team ranked games again. People who use this as a cheating loophole will be brought back down to earth once they play someone else who hasn't cheated to get that rank pretty quickly.
WolfCat

WolfCat

I totally agree to proposed reform. It will make ladder have sence again
Phobosius

Phobosius

I agree with everything except for these 2:
I think adding a random team system shouldn't interfere with ranks that much, as it's random That way you can still play ranked team matches.
I also think the AFK period should be lengthened, as Waxoid stated earlier. I sometimes go on lengthy vacations (with sadly no internet). Maybe a month or 3 weeks for AFK time?

Suggestions:
Maybe you could develop a separate custom match ranked system separate from random match, or a ranked system for just a select group (such as a group of friends) could be developed, so the friends could compare only their scores.

Also, for those of you who complain about ranked custom matches, why do you NEED it to be ranked? I'm just wondering since, I really think you guys are putting a lot of emphasis on rank rather than having fun playing the game.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Feb 25, 2015 02:43

anonym551653

anonym551653

I agree with aggiescotty, the games have little stake now without something to lose. It is more fun when it you are risking something.
simpleuser

simpleuser

I have been playing this game for long time, and now I am currently rated 2456.

Like most people, I feel that 10 days is too short. One thing I realized about this game was that, playing skill does not easily wear off. I stopped playing UniWar for more than 4 months several times. Whenever i returned, I felt that I would be much worse in games however, I realized i can still beat people around my level and people lower than me. Therefore the rating should not be lowered too much every week or months, because if good player lets say 2500, returns and he is rated 2000 after only few months, he will be much underrated and will reduce all the "correct" ratings of other lower players. If the player continuously play occasionally, this will ruin the rating system.

Also k-factor should be lowered, as low as the custom rated games k-factors. And k-factor should be even be smaller , as rating gets higher. The reason is that, results of better players will be more dependant on the map/race advantages instead of skills. In order to make the advantage spread out, we need to reduce the amount of points you earn. Only then, 2600 and 2700 player will actually have some skill difference (since its much harder to win many games to get +100)

I really like the idea making new rated map as a big event, and choosing the race before rated games (hidden from the opponent).

And if mirror games will be really implemented, i think it should be for only 2300 +.

Lastly, we need one more unit for each race!! A unit that will give possibility to beat a race with an advantaged map.

Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates