[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
3rd New Race Idea: Hiilangi, the Missing Link's Last Stand
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Apercent wrote:But their defense is so lame.... Not to mention how fast helis are. It can totally see that working with plasmas though

let's say 10 Sakura Flyers vs 9 Helicopters (4,500 credit value on both):

SFs strike 1st:

[10-9]
SFs: Killed 1/3 of the Helis and damaged 1 Heli to 8-7 Hp, all at 10 Hp and 3 SFs gain + 1 to all combat parameters.
Helis: Killed 3/10 of the SFs, 3 helis are damaged to 7 Hp left.
[7-6]
SFs: Killed 1/2 of the Helis, all at 10 Hp, the same SFs gain +1 more to all combat parameters.
Helis: Killed 1/7 of the SFs and damaged 1 SF at 6 Hp, but 2 are damaged to 7 Hp left.
[6-3]
SFs: Killed 3/3 of the Helis, the same SFs gain 1+ more to all combat parameters and are promoted.
Total victory, at [6-0, 2700-0]

Helis strike 1st:

[9-10]
Helis: Killed 4/10 of the SFs and damaged 1 SF to 4 Hp, but 5 are damaged to 7 Hp left.
SFs: Killed 1/3 of the Helis, all undamaged SFs are at 10 Hp and 3 SFs gain +1 to all combat parameters.
[6-6]
Helis: Killed 1/2 of the SFs , but 2 are damaged to 7 Hp and 1 to 9 Hp.
SFs: Killed 1/6 of the Helis and damaged 1 to 3 Hp, all at 10 Hp and SF gained 1+ more to all combat parameters
[5-3]
Helis: Killed 2/3 of the SFs and 1 Heli repaired to 4 Hp, but 2 are damaged to 6 Hp and 2 to 9 Hp.
SF: Killed 1/5 of the Helis, last SF is at 10 Hp and is gained another +1 is all combat parameters and is promoted.
Fight over, Helis win by numbers [4-1, 2000-450]

also, a group of Garudas would just be slaughtered by a group of SFs

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 02, 2016 02:33

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Well let's say I get the first attack as helis
10-9
I used all 9 helis to weaken your troops but one to all 5 health.
Your troops now only do 1 or 2 damage to me. So when you attack back, you only do 1 damage. However, my helis only have 7 health because of counter attack. You used your one with 10 health remaining to bring a heli to 3 health

On the next turn, I used my helis to weaken all of your troops to 2s. Your troops barely have done 1 counter attack to me. I healed my weakened heli by 1. On your turn, all of your units bit the one with 10 health are useless, so you decide to run them into a ditch and run them over with an SUV. The not useless unit you use to kill my weakened helicopter.

1-8
I easily gang up on him and overwhelm him

And this is pretending that I will not use helicopters Mobility as a trap (which I will).

And since helicopters have more Mobility, I'm pretty sure I'll never let you get the first strike. That would be a mistake of mass proportions. Like letting Homer Simpson have control over a nuclear power plant.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

LkASr wrote:
  Apercent wrote:But their defense is so lame.... Not to mention how fast helis are. It can totally see that working with plasmas though

let's say 10 Sakura Flyers vs 9 Helicopters (4,500 credit value on both):

SFs strike 1st:

[10-9]
SFs: Killed 1/3 of the Helis and damaged 1 Heli to 8-7 Hp, all at 10 Hp and 3 SFs gain + 1 to all combat parameters.
Helis: Killed 3/10 of the SFs, 3 helis are damaged to 7 Hp left.
[7-6]
SFs: Killed 1/2 of the Helis, all at 10 Hp, the same SFs gain +1 more to all combat parameters.
Helis: Killed 1/7 of the SFs and damaged 1 SF at 6 Hp, but 2 are damaged to 7 Hp left.
[6-3]
SFs: Killed 3/3 of the Helis, the same SFs gain 1+ more to all combat parameters and are promoted.
Total victory, at [6-0, 2700-0]

Helis strike 1st:

[9-10]
Helis: Killed 4/10 of the SFs and damaged 1 SF to 4 Hp, but 5 are damaged to 7 Hp left.
SFs: Killed 1/3 of the Helis, all undamaged SFs are at 10 Hp and 3 SFs gain +1 to all combat parameters.
[6-6]
Helis: Killed 1/2 of the SFs , but 2 are damaged to 7 Hp and 1 to 9 Hp.
SFs: Killed 1/6 of the Helis and damaged 1 to 3 Hp, all at 10 Hp and SF gained 1+ more to all combat parameters
[5-3]
Helis: Killed 2/3 of the SFs and 1 Heli repaired to 4 Hp, but 2 are damaged to 6 Hp and 2 to 9 Hp.
SF: Killed 1/5 of the Helis, last SF is at 10 Hp and is gained another +1 is all combat parameters and is promoted.
Fight over, Helis win by numbers [4-1, 2000-450]

also, a group of Garudas would just be slaughtered by a group of SFs

This is banking on the fact that I will kill you. I will weaken you first.

Also, helis don't let you have first strike. They are too fast.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02, 2016 03:19

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

And this is all banking on the fact that I don't use maruader. If I do, your screwed to death.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I admit that with a few stat changes, h v s could become fun. If the nivirra had a 2 repair rate, heli vs nivirra would become harder, and players would need to use marines to kill nirivarra. And they'd have to worry about being consumed. It'd be fun for sure.

Secondly k v h is pretty messed up. Garuda stand zero chance versus the aerial units. Wyrms are going to be eaten alive by that 1-2 range.

Thirdly, h v t is also going to become crap. I can see players spamming up on hovertank and the aerial units. Especially with the consuming thing.

The main problem I have with this race is that you have to spam a certain unit to defeat entire races. It's like swarmer spam. It seems kind of boring way to play.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 02, 2016 03:29

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

H v PR, I say, I think the pyreans are done for. Because they're aerial is going to be destroyed and blaze terror will not be able to survive distant attacks. I could see the infantry helping, but no one would want to use it.

H v PH, I say that the zoc defying machinery might help them fight off consumer, and so, they will use orbitals to combat Nirvana. The tank of n is pretty much a ripoff of the phasers hovertank, so I don't see any problems there. I think it'd be fun.

H v C,, could be fair. Knights will kill Nirvana and tanks, and kings will help a great deal

H v M, sound fair. As far as things go, Nirvana will be at a disadvantage with high costing units

H v A, The alantics will automatically lose every time. They lake a decent anti-aircraft and the consumer is too much for them

H v H will quickly become a nivirra spam quest.

All in all, this needs a huge balancing. I think that the tanks need to be less powerful and more original. I think he dragon might need that too.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 02, 2016 03:36

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

alright then I can see the unit thing, but I think if they attack 1st. Btw, what unit are you referring as Nirvana and what's nivirra?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02, 2016 03:50

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I meant sakura flyer
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Anyways, I think this needs a major fix.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

what is your suggestion then?

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Hmm that's a tough one. Personally, I think that
A). This race suffers from a shortage of units
B) alantics suffer from a bad race ability(means they will always be at a disadvantage with maps with water)
So I'd say to combine them both. You can make plants and water into maybe an ecosystem (or ice, or gravity, it doesnt matter) type of race, and use original units from water and an original race design from plants. Also, this would make them both better suited to be science fiction races rather than fictional races.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02, 2016 19:20

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Personally, I wouldn't be sad to see the hovertank clone and the 1-2 ranged garuda in exchange for a crab and whale.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

ok, I'll make revisions on abilities:

Consume: An ability that allows all units of Hiilangi (except for the summon units) to gain +1 to all attacks and defense and steal an ability if they kill an enemy unit for 5 stacks. If a stolen ability is used, it will have a 1-turn delay before it can be used again. Do note that Consume only activates to the unit who finishes off the killed target.

ex:

Runner's stats:

Attacks: 4,2,2,2 Defense: 3

With Consume:

[1st kill] 5,3,3,3/4 + 1st ability
[2nd kill] 6,4,4,4/5 + 2nd ability
[3rd kill] 7,5,5,5/6 +3rd ability + Promotion
[4th kill] 8,6,6,6/7 + 4th ability
[5th kill] 9,7,7,7/8 + 5th ability

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 02, 2016 20:19

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Eat & Energy: Consumer's unique ability. It has the ability to eat basic infantry units (Marine, Underling, Mecha, etc.) to convert in a force called Energy to summon units. Consumer can only carry 5 Energy and there are 3 units to summon with, but it can only summon 1 per turn:

Nihongo Dragon [Aerial]
Cost: 1 Energy + a present Sakura Flyer

Diwata Sentry [Ground Heavy]
Cost: 2 Energy + a present Narra Guardian

Haietlik Spawner [Aquatic]
Cost: 3 Energy + a present Mangrove Arc

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02, 2016 20:11

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

. That was a pretty clever fix for consume. I don't think I would of thought that one up.

But seriously, the ranged aerial needs a fix.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02, 2016 20:27

Forum Index » New Feature Request