[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
18 New units are coming...
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Atome Sec wrote:
  wookieontheweb wrote:Yeah it's coming soon. I feel it would have been better either holding off making them available in ranked or making them free for all until the ad system was ready. Maybe this is a marketing ploy

Yes but they know that they earn more money like that. Me and my team are fighting against a player who has salamanders.... Maybe one of them will buy it too. Therefore it's surely a marketing ploy that increases the chances that players pay for new units.

Unfortunately, they prefer money instead of keeping their Free2Play game aspect...

Yeah. This game has been around since 2007. Xavi isn't looking to make a quick buck here, but rather build a game that has features people will WANT to buy, while they enjoy a competitive and fun game with a fantastic community.

This couple weeks is unfortunate to say the least. I would just urge you to tell your opp up front what units you have or don't have.
Atome Sec

Atome Sec

simsverd wrote:
  Atome Sec wrote:
  wookieontheweb wrote:Yeah it's coming soon. I feel it would have been better either holding off making them available in ranked or making them free for all until the ad system was ready. Maybe this is a marketing ploy

Yes but they know that they earn more money like that. Me and my team are fighting against a player who has salamanders.... Maybe one of them will buy it too. Therefore it's surely a marketing ploy that increases the chances that players pay for new units.

Unfortunately, they prefer money instead of keeping their Free2Play game aspect...

i assure you its not.
Xavier is on vacation and didnt have time to finish that feature before he left. He will make it when he gets backin 1-2 weeks.

What I can't understand is why release those new units while the watch-an-add-to-build feature is not ready?

And why release new units on games in progress?

Their arrival in tournaments turns upside the situation of the matchs, especially when you don't have it and your opponent have it...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18, 2017 20:20

Feldsher

Feldsher

Oh, there is once more interesting idea. Builders! They can build generators, that produce about 25 credits. Barack: build units but don't produce credits. And towers: static cannons that can attack units.
For Khraleans it's a scarab, for titans is drone, for human... just builder.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 05, 2017 15:45

Pento

Pento

Have you ever heard of command and conquer?
Feldsher

Feldsher

Of course, not on all maps will be builders. For example, in tournament it will be baned because of lack of time. But on big maps it will be perfect for long battles.
Xtynct

Xtynct

xavi wrote:Yes, 18... You read well! 6 per race, multiplied by 3 races. Is that enough for you ?

You may take this as criticism, but actually I don't think new units are/were needed. They just serve to make the game more complex and convoluted unnecessarily, especially since they are basically not available to everyone. I'm sure some fanboys will shoot me down, but don't let yourself get stuck in an echo chamber that just tells you what you want to hear.

You wanna make more money therefore you're dropping new units; I get it. But I think you should figure out how to better market the game so you can get new users instead. This game is already pretty polished.
The Impaler

The Impaler

Xtynct wrote:
  xavi wrote:Yes, 18... You read well! 6 per race, multiplied by 3 races. Is that enough for you ?

You may take this as criticism, but actually I don't think new units are/were needed. They just serve to make the game more complex and convoluted unnecessarily, especially since they are basically not available to everyone. I'm sure some fanboys will shoot me down, but don't let yourself get stuck in an echo chamber that just tells you what you want to hear.

You wanna make more money therefore you're dropping new units; I get it. But I think you should figure out how to better market the game so you can get new users instead. This game is already pretty polished.

xavi no longer owns the game. yes it is to monetize the game but at the top level things are way more interesting. Imagine playing chess with 8 pawns and 7 knights. its boring without complexity. the more options you give people to solve problems, the more strategy can shine. its not about an echo chamber, its about experiencing the game for yourself and discovering. in the past it was "build plasma tanks, place walkers in behind". every single titan game played that way. new units like tankbusters have breathed new life into stale gameplay.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21, 2017 02:21

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
The Impaler

The Impaler

Feldsher wrote:Oh, there is once more interesting idea. Builders! They can build generators, that produce about 25 credits. Barack: build units but don't produce credits. And towers: static cannons that can attack units.
For Khraleans it's a scarab, for titans is drone, for human... just builder.

cool idea

Member of the balance team
Highest Score: 2685
Highest Rank: #4
Current Rank: N/A
Highest Championship Ranking: 4th
Highest Tournament Ranking: 4th
Current Record: 131W, 14D, 4L
Winner of Duaneski's mapmaker challenge
Winner of Angkor's 2v2 Grand mapmaking challenge
Winner of Lkasr's 3-Minute Tournament
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

The Impaler wrote:
  Xtynct wrote:

xavi no longer owns the game. yes it is to monetize the game but at the top level things are way more interesting. Imagine playing chess with 8 pawns and 7 knights. its boring without complexity. the more options you give people to solve problems, the more strategy can shine. its not about an echo chamber, its about experiencing the game for yourself and discovering. in the past it was "build plasma tanks, place walkers in behind". every single titan game played that way. new units like tankbusters have breathed new life into stale gameplay.

Was not! That was the plan against maybe Saps... but even still you needed speeders for early and mid game ... (I somewhat miss the old Titan endgame and playing against it... esp as Khral)
marcyblaze

marcyblaze

How long will be the submarine units in beta? I can't wait their public release!!!
Redfog

Redfog

marcyblaze wrote:How long will be the submarine units in beta? I can't wait their public release!!!

at least a couple more weeks (I'm waiting just as desperately as you do!) and I've seen some recent changes being implemented (such as other units except subs being able to attack them while submerged though it seems at reduced damage). Unfortunately, unless you're lucky enough to be one of the beta testers you can only use them in offline mode. Current balancing feels great though
Forum Index » New Feature Request