[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Specialized weapons
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Destructor49

Destructor49

So in similar games like Starcraft, players will have the option to build specialized units that specialize (no duh) in attacking a certain type of target (flying/ground/water). It would be nice to see some sort of anti air unit like a battery with range, but for attacking air only.

I was thinking of combining the double attack skill of the marauder, and the range of like an eclipse (1-2) and putting them together to make a flak cannon or something. Obviously it would have to have a drawback like limited mobility or armor to balance it out.

-also-

I was thinking that it would be cool to have some sort of upgrade so that engineer class units can build structures or some sort of base defense. Or some sort of upgrade to give bases defenses for last resort kinda point defense systems. It would have to cost allot and be ranged, but it would have to be killed before the base could be taken. This could also manifest into a sort of immobile turret to be built on a map with high defense and range, but also cost, and a limit to how many could be built and how close (so that you couldn't build nets to prevent people from passing).

-on that note-

I was also thinking that it would add a whole new dimension to the game to have a sapien cloaking unit sorta like a ghost spec ops from Starcraft. It would have high mobility and okay attack, but low armor. Going with Starcraft II it could also have a secondary sniper weapon to take 1 shot 1 kill ranged shots (only on soft ground targets), but it would take a turn to recharge and disengage the cloak. This could help balance out the disadvantage of the sapiens not having burrowed units, or teleporting, and it could be really cool.

-Finally-

I think it would be cool to have sort of like mass effect weapons for the long range artillery units to use a a special attack that would affect all hexes touching the target hex. It could only be used a limited number of times and would take up two turns (first turn to fire, second to recharge/reload), and would lower defenses making them vulnerable to attack. This could help with infantry swarming and such especially with swarmers.

Let me know what you think!
Forum Index » New Feature Request