[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
iPhone app free for a day -- Bot ranks jump to 1600+
Forum Index » General Discussion
zerosum

zerosum

In multi-player mode, the bots generally had ranking of 1500 or less. Now they generally have 1600+. I guess this is because of the influx of new players resulting from the iPhone app being free yesterday and having a lot of newbs play their first bot game?

And I was OK with lots of people getting the app free even though I paid for it because I have easily gotten my monies worth. But I am disappointed that having all these new players seems to have slowed down the bot processing time significantly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07, 2010 06:20

[Avatar]
charnal

[Avatar]
charnal

Yeah, I noticed something was slow about them. It used to take like ten seconds for them to go. Now it takes like a minute. I think they added a couple bots to lighten the load though. Seems they need more.

The most dangerous enemy is the one nobody fears
zerosum

zerosum

by my count, 3-4 minutes per bot today.
Derka

Derka

Padding your rating with bots, eh?

Might as well cause this game is dying. I remember when there used to be several pages of 2 player rated matches. Looking at it right now, i see three. And only one page of that is NOT bots... Pathetic.
newuser

newuser

Derka wrote: ...
Might as well cause this game is dying. I remember when there used to be several pages of 2 player rated matches. Looking at it right now, i see three. And only one page of that is NOT bots... Pathetic.

I don't think the game is dying. I think it's the flood of new users from the "free app" day. It was quite frustrating since any game you post would be pounced on within less than a minute by 1500 rated users that just joined that day and often dropped out after a day or two or other problems. I think most experienced players just gave up and stopped posting games! As this all sorts itself out with the dropouts gone and the remaining players slowly gaining experience (and being more fun to play with) it is slowly getting better and I think people will slowly start posting games. Also any games they do post will last more then 10 minutes in the queue once there are fewer of those newbies to pounce on it.

(also, based on some chats I've had, I think a lot of players are sitting out of the games until the hack fix is uploaded, which we are told will occur before long).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13, 2010 06:02

jawnv6

jawnv6

I play a lot of bot matches just because I like FFA and the client-only skirmishes only allow 1 player.

I've noticed the bots taking longer than usual, but right now I'm in a game on Bases Galore where the "Rose" bot has completely locked up. I just had to skip a turn on her, and it looks like I'll have to do it again. It's a little bit of fun to see how I can eliminate that player the quickest to avoid this problem, but since I'm only playing the bot for speedy moves it's a little frustrating.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Yup, they are very slow lately, some didn't even start the game with me

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
zerosum

zerosum

Derka wrote:Padding your rating with bots, eh?

Not my goal but it does happen as a result. I use the bots to try out each multi-player map before I play it with real players. I guess I could play em unrated since I don't much care about my rating. But I seem to care less and enjoy less when I play unrated games.
Forum Index » General Discussion