[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Uniwar "guide" comming soon!
Forum Index » General Discussion
Sphink

Sphink

Salutations Uniwarriors!
After getting back into Uniwar recently, and have to decided to help all the new/weak (no offence) players! I try to help everyone I play and give them tips on their play. I find that I am repeating myself alot, so I have to decided to write a "guide". I think it should take around 2 weeks to complete. It will cover all races and basic to advanced information. Nothing technical or mathmatical because i simply don't know that info, but if you guys are encouraging I might research it. You might be asking "what makes this guy think he's so good that he can tell people how to play?". Well the truth is... I'm not the best player or even close! I am rated in the 1800's so I must know the basics right? I'd like to think I can bring alot of lower levle players up into the 1600's and boost their confidence. Maybe some better players will write their own "guide". Or maybe they will help improve mine! I am looking foward to becoming a productive member of the Uniwar community. I would appreciate your positive feedback and CONSTRUCTIVE critisism. I am going to put alot of time and effort into this, and if you cannot respect that then please do not post! Being rude on the Internet (or in general) will accomplish nothing, and is not mature. I am going to start writing my thoughts and structure them so they are easy to understand and don't jump around on topic, which I tend to do when I free write (if you can't tell from this post lol). I guess I'll wrap this up. Thank you for reading and your time, I will be looking forward to your replys, sugjestions, encouragment, and ideas. Maybe a welcome to the community. sorry for the "book" I just wrote. Thank you again for reading and your time! Please post comments!

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
newuser

newuser

How about using something like Google Wave so people can contribute to your guide as you're writing it?
Sphink

Sphink

Thank you for your reply newuser! That is a very good idea, and is exactly the kind of replys I am looking for. It seems fairly complicated though, and I don't know if I want to download a program and learn how to use it. I think it would signifacantly incerease my 2 week deadline. I will look into it though for future projects. Thank you again for your reply, it was very usefull. Please reply again if you can think of anything else!

Good luck, Have fun!

-Sphink
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Well, that seems a good idea. Too bad you weren't here earlier, now all the newcomers are leaving in frustration because they did not understand the game, their loss. But you can't be blamed if they didn't take time to play the campaign first and/or look at the (very helpful) help section of the game...
As for your guide, well once it's finished I don't mind looking at it and telling what's wrong with it

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Sphink

Sphink

Nicko! Thanks for the comment. Funny thing is I am one of those people who never played the campaign! Anyone reading this having trouble with the game should play the campaign.. I know it's not as fun playing against real people, but there is a TON of usefull information there. Funny though, last night I was writing some notes for my guide and decided to play the campaign... I only went over the first four and they do go over some (maybe alot) of the concepts I am writing. So I thought I would do the whole campaign and write down what they say and start my guide by quoting all of it. Then go in depth. I would deffinatly like to hear anything you have to say about my guide. Because I'm shure I will leave something out or have some wrong information. Thanks for your support and feedback nicko! You have my respect.

Good luck, Have fun!

-Sphink
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Yeah basically what the campaign does is introduce the different units to you progressively. If you start the online directly, not only must you learn strategies, but all the basics at the same time! So it's not a good idea
I'll wait for the guide for more feedback, keep up!

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Sphink

Sphink

The guide is pretty much complete, I just need to touch a few things up and get it organized a little better. There might be a few things I might add but for the most part it is done. All I need to to is type it up and submit it. I get one day a week off work so I will do it on Tuesday the 30th at the latest, but I will do it if I have the time sooner. I believe it will help alot of ppl because the more I play the more I see ppl make bad moves. Even the higher ranked ppl are making moves I don't see anything positive come from. So it could also be a "refresher corse" for advanced players to remind them not to do certian things unless you can gain the advantage. I'm rambling again to I guess I'll end this.
-sphink

Good luck, Have fun!

-Sphink
[Avatar]
IzzyNobre

[Avatar]
IzzyNobre

Minor sugestion: try spacing your posts (both here and on the future guide) in paragraphs. It makes a big block of text a lot more comfortable to read.

When all the lines are mashed together, not only is it kinda hard to keep track of where you are on the text, it "feels" tiring. I spread this short paragraph in two blocks of line to illustrate this point.

See?
Sphink

Sphink

Under construction! I have decided to change the structure of my guide once again. It WILL be posted within 4 days.
Thank you "IzzyNobre" I will be sure and do that!

Good luck, Have fun!

-Sphink
Menneisyys

Menneisyys

Cool, looking forward for the tutorial! I'll also link to it from my UniWar / multiplayer gaming-related articles.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Just as an FYI, the guide is indeed out. You can check it out at the "The Universe- A Guide to Uniwar" thread in the general discussion section.

Wandering...
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Awesome, can't wait for you to finish the guide!

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nixflix wrote: Awesome, can't wait for you to finish the guide!

uhh nix the guide is already out as nicko said before
its "the universe-a guide to uniwar"

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

If I remember you even commented on that said thread...

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

lol nicko is right nix, you even commented on that thread

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Forum Index » General Discussion