[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
"Higher end players": What makes a map a must-join for you?
Forum Index » General Discussion
dingo

dingo

I won't claim to be a hugely great player at UniWar. I've only just recently broken 2k rating, but my officemate (who I usually play 2's with) and I were discussing how we see different maps fall in and out of popularity. What are the maps that you see when joining games that you instantly jump on? What ones do you avoid?

Without giving away too many secrets, I'd just like to better understand what people in this bracket are playing most.
alex94040

alex94040

alex94040 here, i'm at 2100. I love 2v2's on Butterfly... It's SUCH a beautiful map. Not too close, not too far. Either Terran or Khraleans work well. I've even seen someone beat me with the Protoss. This map is all about teamplay.. I just love it. Can't miss a single game on it.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Wooow, you seriously play Starcraft way too much (as great it is)
No, it's Khraleans, Sapiens and Titans, nothing less nothing more

What makes me join? Well, I'm almost never the one joining, but when I do I use the race I fell more comfortable with based on the map, the opponents race and the opponent himself (if I have played him in the past).

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
dingo

dingo

alex94040 wrote: alex94040 here, i'm at 2100. I love 2v2's on Butterfly... It's SUCH a beautiful map. Not too close, not too far. Either Terran or Khraleans work well. I've even seen someone beat me with the Protoss. This map is all about teamplay.. I just love it. Can't miss a single game on it.

I've always been curious the strategy you guys use on Butterfly, but damn, I hate losing a ton of points just to understand a strategy and not really coming out feeling like I have a really good understanding of a hard counter (if one exists) to Kral/Kral. The movement of flying units and pretty large advantage of Player 1 getting to the first base on Team 1's side is incredibly advantageous in pumping out flying units.

I have no idea what Titans would do to combat Krals on that map, but I'd love to pick that person's brain!

Now if I can only get a working version of UniWar for my Android device... It's somehow disappeared from the Android Market even after I've paid for it the week it was released when I bought a Hero. (And promptly sold it because it was a POS)

I'm like a battered wife... always going back to the Android.
Forum Index » General Discussion