[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Switch 1st/2nd player randomly
Forum Index » New Feature Request
beijingdream

beijingdream

A number of people carefully choose maps and create games for those where 1st player has the upper hand and join games where second player does. I really think that randomizing who moves first would be a welcome improvement, and (hopefully?) not too difficult to implement.
Spanone

Spanone

I agree
stevo

stevo

Totally agree with this. Although I think for it to work it would have to be an option on the setup screen. I say this because if all games were like this, some players would quit their games early if they didn't get their preferred spot - that would suck and waste time.

Anyway, I'm all for the random 1p/2p start, and if it were an option, I'd have it turned on!
Fortunato

Fortunato

I agree that this would be a great option to have as a toggle on the setup screen, particularly for 1v1 games and FFA games. However, I still want the option to keep the positions fixed. For example, a couple of my buddies and I enjoy playing Bases Galore and part of our strategy is knowing that player 6 will be in the back while the other two players on team 1 are in the front. This lets us choose our races accrodingly, i.e., Titans in the back with walkers and Saps or Khrals in the front to duke it out. Of course, how well our strategies have been working is a whole other story, lol.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I find this an excellent idea! If you could toggle it it would be best, but it seems kinda hard to put in place.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » New Feature Request