[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New script stopping N00bs playing players with high XP
Forum Index » General Discussion
What do you think?
Yes, make this script! 71% [ 5 ]
No, I'm totally lame and love farming the n00bs ranking, thus ruining their experience with UniWar 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7
vapor

vapor

Please. I BEG YOU! Can you please write a script so that I stop getting pulled into the random games with people 500+ points below my ranking?! PLEASE!!! I don't want to set my account to "not available to random games", because I enjoy playing new people. I don't, however, enjoy trying to create a game, then being pulled into 20 random games with players of 1500 +/- score, then having the server tell me I've reached the maximum amount of games and can't create a new one. I don't even play the new players because most of the time they don't even play more than one turn, they just start a game and I end up skipping all three of their turns over three days.... Very, very annoying. It's also quite aggravating because I spend a lot of my time joining the game, then abandoning the game, or loading the game to surrender....

I think the community would benefit if you wrote a script where no one is randomly pulled into a game that has a point difference of +/- 150 in ranking for a couple reasons: 1- us long-time players will stop being annoyed, and 2- The n00bs will learn how to play the game and develop their skills as an opposed to us crushing them into oblivion and them stopping playing because they think the game sucks cos they never win.

So please, pretty please make it stop?

Thank you and, btw, UniWar is the best iPhone game bar none, I've gotten at least ten of my friends to buy it
Sphink

Sphink

If you surrender on the first 3 moves it will not affect your win/loss or your score... So if you have a bunch of random games you don't want to play, just surrender... It might be a slight incovience but if you have random turned on you should expect that. Just skim through and pick and choose which ones you would like to play... I repeat if you "surrender" in the first 3 rounds it will not affect your win/losses or your score! Not shure what else to say... I think the "script" is fine personaly. (but everything I just said is my personal OPINION)

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I'm with vapor on this one. Even if you can surrender, it's damn annoying to surrender on 15 games every 5 hours, and I mean REALLY annoying... I wouldn't call them noobs thought, they're newbies. Noob is someone who, for some reason, refuses to play normally/good/fair. Anyways I'm still too scared to turn on random, can someone say if the wave calmed down? The chat did but not so sure about the games? Also the script shouldn't ban all games, but the instead be a choice of the player

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Sphink

Sphink

Yeah i guess it just dosnt bother me. It's a good idea for sure to update alot of online user interface and selection controls, but I would like to see alot of other menu design and options improved first. Like I said though I guess this particular incovience dosnt bother me because I have just accepted it as part of the game. It should be fixed if they do decide to update the online aspects of the game, this should be addressed. This just isnt something that bothers me. Again only my opinion.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
Forum Index » General Discussion