[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Stop Cheaters
Forum Index » General Discussion

Ok so I have been a huge fan on this title since launch. But like any other games cheaters have found their way here as well. It has taken me forever to get into the top 10. Then all of a sudden Here comes someone new out of nowhere. Not only does he pass me to take 5th he jumps 30 to 40 points at a time. So I check out this user only to find he is playing himself over and over by creating a fake army of friends so big it could have toppled Rome. So in reality this jerk isn't playing any real.

User is named: sale and currently in 5th place soon to be in first I'm sure. I guess to have a cheat free game here was to much to ask. Not that the blame falls on the coders just that it sucks to know there are people who no matter what feel a need to f a good game up.

Please tell me this isn't just any other game where admins/coders so oh well to cheaters and actually do something to keep their product fun for the masses. I thought I might hear for an admin about this issue. With Uniwar 2 on the horizon it would be nice to see this issue resolved here.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Ja admins are indeed quiet ATM, maybe concentrating efforts on UW2, well I hope...
But damn, the top 10 didn't move a budge for months and now there is a crap load of new champions (except for sale as you say).
But tell me, how the hell do you know he's playing himself over and over again?? As far as I now you can't be a spectator or watch a game without playing. I'm not saying I don't believe you, what you say is highly probable, but I recommend you give us some screenshots (several, not one) in order to prove what your saying, or it'll be your word against his, and I don't think kralux knows any of you

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...

Pretty easy when taking his friends list into account. Look at any of us in the top 10 and notice we don't have 100's of friends. He is making seperate accounts and than logging in and playing as then just in order to move up. Frankly when taking into account that 9 of us in the top 10 have played a ton to rank where we are and than some ass hat figures out how to fool the system moves all of us outta the way.

Now I believe there are people who have a good amoutn of friends but when you look at his profile you will see what I mean trust me. Any of the admins here will be able to see very clear what I am saying is true.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Not sure if this "proves" anything to me, but admins could easily track those accounts and see where they originated. But I have to say his friend list is not himself only, I see some ppl here who I know and can't just be the same person, so that makes me doubtful. I'm sorry I really can't help you without solid evidence, at least that I can't get a hold on. Try your luck by sending your request by mail at: support@uniwar.com , you might have a better chance to attract their attention.

Good luck, if it's indeed a "cheater" I hope he gets his ass banned

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
glackattack

glackattack

Respectfully, I have to point out that what you're suggesting wouldn't work. Any new accounts would start with a 1500 score, so "playing yourself" would not result in any increase in your "main" account score, once you were above a certain level. Also, sale has fewer games-played than you do. Sale is not brand new--I played a multi game against him at least 8 months ago and he was pretty good back then.

The only way to cheat in this game is to create multiple accounts and then set up "multiplayer" matches where you play more than one position. People who are "victims" of conduct like this can complain to the admins. There is also a specific forum thread where you can post screenshots of evidence. I don't see sale setting up a bunch of open multi games, although by no means am I checking every minute.

Congrats on your success at this game. However, you should be very careful about making accusations of cheating without evidence. Not everybody reads these boards, so you could wreck someone's reputation to the people that do, and they might never get to respond.

The thing I'm curious about is that aLoN was stuck at the top at 3000 for so long, and now he and a couple of others have busted through that barrier. I always assumed the 3000 was a hard cap of some kind imposed by the devs. Maybe I was wrong.

Cheers,

glackatta ck

Orion3T

Orion3T

I guess he's suggesting that by playing large FFAs he can get probably 7 points per game no matter how low rating the 'spoof' accounts have. I don't know that this works, but I am pretty sure you always get 1 point no matter who you beat.

That said I think manipulating all those accounts would be a very tiresome way to cheat just for the sake of a few points on a handheld game, and I'd expect any dev glancing at IPs would be rather unimpressed by that many accounts. I know I would be.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 11, 2010 08:56

Hachiman

Hachiman

I've played sale, and from what I remember he's pretty good (way better than me). He's been rated #1 before too. He has almost twice as many loses as you and 4/5 as many games. If he friended everyone he played (or even just everyone he beat to keep track of them) he would have hundreds of friends. That's fair enough, and in no way cheating.

Your accusations don't really seem to stack up.

The admins could easily tell if he was doing what you are saying since each iphone has a unique ID that the devs can track. If you are concerned, why don't you PM Kralux and see what he thinks?
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Where do I report cheaters? This is the second time I'm playing CHN.xiang and he's clearly a cheater. His 6 tank killed my 5 plasma tank. In a game on Scramble one of his marauders KILLED my speeder in two turns. It's like his second attack gets some huge bonus or something. The first shot does normal attack and then his second does a huge bonus. This is ridiculous and it's an automatic loss everytime I get matched up with this guy. How do I report this?
Forum Index » General Discussion