[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Can't assimilate!!
Forum Index » Bug Reports
gomu

gomu

I've just had the bad surprise that an assimilator couldn't assimilate an underling when the underling is capturing a base... Is that a kind of hidden strategy or normal? I'm using 1.0.6
Sphink

Sphink

Yes, I believe it is part of the balancing of the game. You can assimilate an underling "sitting" on yours or your opponets base but not if it is in the process of capturing a base. That's all I know for a fact. Not real sure of the technical reasons why but it makes since to me that a unit capturing a base can't be transformed. Maybe someone else can help more with the technical reasons as to why.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
IzzI

IzzI

Is this also true for an Engineer trying to assimilate a Mecha if it is capturing a base also? I mean can an engineer not assimiliate a mecha if it is capturing a base ? Important question?
DJ Marcus

DJ Marcus

Just checking...is this still true with the latest update?

I've noticed that, at some point in the past...if you captured an opponent's bases and killed all their visible units, they would be eliminated...even if they had buried underlings still alive. I'm in a game right now where one player was (I thought) eliminated in this fashion...but he's still in the game with his buried units...

Did this underling/elimination behavior just change? Was it a bug fix...and if so, did it just happen? Happen awhile ago (and I didn't notice)? Or am I remembering it incorrectly....

Asking under this thread because if underling/elimination changed, assimilation during capture may have changed as well...

Thanks!
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

I'm not certain but it may be because he keeps on moving them (the spyders)
After a set amount of turns though I'm pretty sure it will end the game.

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

The game should be over if it's a 1 on 1. If it's a team match, and his teammate is still alive, then I think he can still move his buried ants around.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
DJ Marcus

DJ Marcus

Actually, it is a 5-player FFA (what I tend to play, 5-8 player FFAs ). He would be the first one eliminated (if he were eliminated). Really strange.
Forum Index » Bug Reports