[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Bots Cheating
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions
fexaw

fexaw

So I wanted to play a quick game of Uniwar and I think the bots cheat. I chose Play, Play Solo and Normal. Player 1 is Sapiens, Bot also Sapiens, and for this turn off Fog of War. Map Marshes. Initial Credits 500, Credit/Bases 100. Credits/turn 100. Start the game Marine capture base, Create Helicopter, end turn. Bot, Capture base with Marine, create Helicopter, end turn. My turn, 200 credits, attack Helicopter with Helicopter, create Marine, end turn. Bot turn, attack Marine with Helicopter, CREATE MARAUDER???? It cost 250 to create a Marauder. By my calculations the bot should have 200 credits. How does it create a Marauder? I know it is not a huge thing, but it makes me not want to play.
[Avatar]
Paul5678

[Avatar]
Paul5678

I, for one, welcome the extra credits that the bots get. The bots are very shortsighted. They have minimal grasp of tactics and pretty much no concept of strategy. The fact that they get extra credits is the only thing that allows them to compete with humans.

Don't think of it as cheating; think of it as a handicap.

It would be better, of course, if you could adjust the level of handicap when you set up the game. There should be a field where you enter the per-turn credit bonus of each bot. Or of each human, for that matter. Then we'd be able to make interesting games with players of different skill levels.

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

That's perfectly normal my friend, online or offline there is no difference, let me expose:

As Paul said, credit is their only advantage, so in offline mode they would have more money than you have, not sure if it's the case on easy but that's not important. Haven't you tried online gaming? At least in 1 vs 1, I had the same scenario as you did, him having better units on the same round for some reason. Well see the second players has more credits to start with, this is for balancing purpose, you can try yourself and make a game on versus with yourself you'll see.

Don't worry, I highly doubt the bot is cheating, it's just the handicap for balancing purposes that makes you think so

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Jeff J

Jeff J

It's way worse on "hard" setting vs bot. At my skill level, I can pretty much always win the bot at "normal" setting, but at "hard" they have such a credit advantage it's near impossible to beat. For me, anyway. I agree with Paul, the bots need some kind advantage to make up for their lack of strategy, but also that it would be nice to be able to fine tune the difficulty a bit better. As it is now, they aren't much fun because it's either too easy or too hard.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 25, 2017 02:57

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

fexaw wrote: So I wanted to play a quick game of Uniwar and I think the bots cheat. I chose Play, Play Solo and Normal. Player 1 is Sapiens, Bot also Sapiens, and for this turn off Fog of War. Map Marshes. Initial Credits 500, Credit/Bases 100. Credits/turn 100. Start the game Marine capture base, Create Helicopter, end turn. Bot, Capture base with Marine, create Helicopter, end turn. My turn, 200 credits, attack Helicopter with Helicopter, create Marine, end turn. Bot turn, attack Marine with Helicopter, CREATE MARAUDER???? It cost 250 to create a Marauder. By my calculations the bot should have 200 credits. How does it create a Marauder? I know it is not a huge thing, but it makes me not want to play.

Bots don't use clever strategies, so they have more credits than you. You're suppose to beat them their credit advantage with your head

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
keymaster2

keymaster2

bots always have around a 1000 advantage on you.but no matter what level,they can be beaten. i can complete most campaign and solo levels on hard and i'm just slightly higher than 1500.also they don't spend most of their credits.(a bot with 8000 credits an 2 bases will probably create 2 marines)
[Avatar]
Pero

[Avatar]
Pero

keymaster2 wrote:bots always have around a 1000 advantage on you.but no matter what level,they can be beaten. i can complete most campaign and solo levels on hard and i'm just slightly higher than 1500.also they don't spend most of their credits.(a bot with 8000 credits an 2 bases will probably create 2 marines)

Oh but they still cheat by attacking submerged unit from distance without having a unit next to it.
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Pero wrote:
  keymaster2 wrote:bots always have around a 1000 advantage on you.but no matter what level,they can be beaten. i can complete most campaign and solo levels on hard and i'm just slightly higher than 1500.also they don't spend most of their credits.(a bot with 8000 credits an 2 bases will probably create 2 marines)

Oh but they still cheat by attacking submerged unit from distance without having a unit next to it.

If that is true you should add it to the post about bot behaviour

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » Technical Support Questions