[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Countering Helicopter
Forum Index » Khraleans
[Avatar]
jeffrey

[Avatar]
jeffrey

Mass Helicopters are the bane of my existence as a Khralean player. Has anyone found a technique that can consistently defeat this strategy?
clamato

clamato

If it's a large battle, you have to learn to rotate your units in and out and have an infector ready to heal them. You also have to get used to protecting the swarm so they can only attack a small number of them at once. Generally a smart khralean will focus on taking down helicopters one at a time, and sapiens will attack multiple khraleans to weaken the swarm as a whole. My experience at least for big aerial battles, maybe others differ.

Truthfully though helicopters are just too powerful in many cases. If the sapien player just spams helicopters and infantry, there's not much hope for khraleans unless the sapien makes a mistake. Sapien vs. khraleans is generally lopsided in favor of sapiens on just about every map.

I really think helicopters should only heal 1 instead of 2 units per turn to make them more balanced.
rebelxt

rebelxt

I also agree that copters are a bit too powerful against bugs. As khraleans player, I always lose to any good sapiens player who is spamming copters and does decent healing rotation. clamato's advise is good, and it works in some cases but not high rated sapiens..

If copters heal 1 only, that could balance things out.. Long term it would be great to have a "test server" to test potential changes like this..
[Avatar]
lordertz

[Avatar]
lordertz

I agree, healing 1 is the best option. People take copters and retreat and heal for 4 a turn with an engineer. That's ridiculous.
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

UniWar just made the Helo healing +1 instead of +2. They must be listening...
clamato

clamato

Wow, that's great! Should make vs. Sapiens a little more manageable now. Or at least, possible!
rebelxt

rebelxt

now that copters got downgraded, it's interesting to test if garudas can handle copters (probably so!)
[Avatar]
jeffrey

[Avatar]
jeffrey

This change also means PLAGUE will work well against a helicopter swarm. It will effectively nullify healing ability.
brainiac

brainiac

i may have to rethink my favorite race of sapiens in favor of khraleans now that copters have been nerfed
[Avatar]
davegobe

[Avatar]
davegobe

One tactic I've tried is to sacrifice an Infector early to deliver the plague to the Sapiens. Smaller maps seem better suited to do this because it's harder for the other player to keep the plagued unit isolated. If you're lucky, the plague will spread thru their army quickly. It's a risky move, but I like to try it every once in a while.
magic molly

magic molly

Are you all kidding me? The garuda has the same attack v air as the heli, with only 28% less def. While costing a lot less. With a well played swarmer backup, and a infector rotation (if you're lucky, infection as well, though often infectors get killed before getting close enough) garudas are gods. Oh, and gang-up bonus. Just watch out for marines in mountains.
Anonymous

Anonymous
You make some good points, "Magic Molly", but you're really making these forums an unpleasant place.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Healing adjustment included, I still think the copter is way too strong. I just had an engagement of 6 swarmers surrounding 1 copter. Now, 3 of my swarmers were damaged to 5 or 6, but the coptor was damaged to 4... I did 2 points to it, 2 POINTS, FROM 6 SWARMERS – GANG-UP BONUS MY INSECT ASS!!!!

This particular encounter changed the balance of the game and lead to my defeat as my opponent just kept spamming coptors.
[Avatar]
revZloco

[Avatar]
revZloco

sorry, didn't realize I wasn't logged-in... I HATE COPTORS!
lorfje

lorfje

Wasps have only a pathetic 4 point attack against air units, against a Heli-defense of 11. And the gang-up bonus is only one, if you attack from distance.

No, if you want to have any impact on Helicopters, you have to use other units. Fast-healing Garuda's (air attack of 9 with up to 3 gang-up bonus). Or a well protected Wyrm, that has 10 attack against air.

Did you thank your opponent for the lesson?
Forum Index » Khraleans