[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
my way of the titans <xavier2free>
Forum Index » Titans
xavier2free

xavier2free

Hello everyone i edit "My Way of the Titans" to make it like the other two other forums i wrote for the the other two races so i hope this one will be better than the last one.

Ground Light
Mecha: in the game this unit is suppose to be the better unit of the three and in my eyes i really dont see any sign of a difference but thats just me it is the slowest of the three but has a very good ablity teleport very good for far distance.
Assimilator: has the power to take out one health point within 5 hexs away

Ground Heavy
Speeder: very fast unit since the last update on the game it is better then the car in the sapian group and can move after attack and very good for destorying infatry
Eclipse: very good anti air unit (AAU) very useful for defence but when against ground heavy then AAU would be lucky to do 1 hit point to a big unit and can also teleport
Plasm Tank: the best unit i think in the game if it went head to head with any other unit it would win ohter then that i dont see a flaw
Walker: the farthest shooting artillry in the game and is one of the key points into winning the match and the most expensive unit

Water
Hydronanut: farthest shooting boat has to attack first the other boat to win the fight and one big flaw it can not defend itself when next to something.

if you have any questions please reply thank you again for reading <xavier2free>

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15, 2009 00:46

<xavier2free>
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

Another BIG drawback of the Titans that you didn't mention is the inability of any unit (except Mecha) to cross mountains. This makes it very difficult to manuver around maps like Butterfly.
searchlight

searchlight

Mechas are definitely a little bit stronger than the other units. It's not a huge difference, but pay attention the next time you engage a Marine or Underling. You outdamage them by about a point.
clamato

clamato

"Stronger" also refers to defense. Mechas have a little more armor than the other minor units as well, including when capturing bases (which can really come in handy)
xavier2free

xavier2free

ok i have a few things to say first i got like about 80 views and i posted 6-11 and today is 6-12 and i am amazed ok the next thing is i got 3 replies saing that i think the mechas are too weak. i would have to say I'm sorry if i think the mechas are weak but thats way i put "MY WAY OF THE TITANS".......... so sorry again for those who did not like what i said about the mechas its because to me its not good enough too me then again i could be wrong maybe im too picky or whatver at lest i got an idea of what people would what to hear so i will try to write forums for the other two races

LOOK OUT FOR MY WAY OF THE SAPIENS OR KHRALEANS <xavier2free>

PS. thank u for the replies those who replied

<xavier2free>
timfoil740

timfoil740

Yup I agree with pretty much everything you just said, but to sum it all up your artillery can, and will, win the game . It is expensive but if you use decoy 100 pt mechas to hold off the enemy then you have time to buy it and get it in place. One thing that I think you may have forgotten to mention is that their ships have one extra range, making them the best boat unit in the game. Titans will easily take control of the water so if there are any harbors on your map, building boats should be one of your top priorities.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Meh. Tits boats are kind of trash. The Saps destroyers will break them, and they can not attack close range.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Yeah swarms of Garudas or Helicopters can wreck a Hydronaut easily, and since Titans have no aerial units to protect them they're pretty much sitting ducks in open water. They're still good units with great range but they're really easy to counter

Also please don't tell me everyone is calling Titans "Tits" now
[Avatar]
mager567

[Avatar]
mager567

Also please don't tell me everyone is calling Titans "Tits" now

that'll make these forums much more entertaining!

anyhoo.... xavier, you HAVE heard of this little thing called "punctuation" right? i see maybe four sentences?

/off topic

i found that the Titans (why do we need an abbreviation for these guys again?) are really good on the smaller maps, but are easily outmaneuvered on large maps, which is probably their main weakness. any tips on over coming that? other than tele-kreig (copyright!)?

if you want to register a complaint, click here
clutch cargo

clutch cargo

I play nearly exclusively Titans. On larger maps, creating a "core" area with the backbone of Plasma Tanks has really worked for me. Also, teleporting Mechas has worked well. As the game continues, my core expands and includes other support units depending upon the opponents. Expand too quickly, defeat and despair! Building the "wall" of Plasmas >2 squares works to keep away Arial Swarmers. Remember that Walkers can't operate vs. enemies @ two or less squares, so keeping at least 2 squares away from each other can help a little to defend another Walker. I imagine there are players that want to play the "scorched earth" style...there's a time for that too! Against Krahleans, advancing quickly to keep their Wyrm from entering the game or crippling it also has great results for me.
Forum Index » Titans