[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UniWar community needs support!
Forum Index » General Discussion
Is the UniWar community dead?
Yes 26% [ 5 ]
No 37% [ 7 ]
The forums need some form of "advertisement" 37% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19
Sphink

Sphink

I like to think that I am a fairly active uniwar player. I play games, talk in the chatroom, and post in the forums. But it seems like most people just log in, play their moves, and log off. Which is fine for a casual player, but I find it hard to believe that most people don't want to make a great game better.

Forums are a great place to ask questions or tell your opinions. Anything and everything UniWar can be found there. But it seems like alot of people don't go there, and if they do they don't post anything. I guess it might just be me, but I went from a large community of a RTS game, to a turn based game with hardly any community. I find that dissapointing. Maybe most people don't know about the forums. Some people have told me their phone dosnt support the website (funny when you think this is a phone based game)

I'm not sure what my point is here, I'm just rambling. But I'm just dissapointed in the level of support the players of this game show (considering most people paid money for it). Maybe Most players don't know about the forums. Maybe most people don't care. I just thought I would voice my opinion on the subject.

What is your opinion about the community?

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
dr34dn0ught

[Avatar]
dr34dn0ught

i just found out bout the forums today n i've been playing for the last 2 months lol

Life is too short to skip dessert
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

dr34dn0ught wrote: i just found out bout the forums today n i've been playing for the last 2 months lol

That's exactly what you were saying Sphink. Sadly I've had this thought too, and not just me I think. Sometimes the only community we seem to have revolves around our small group of friends, it's fun for sure, but it gets really annoying not to see anyone else talk...

Maybe Uniwar is dead? Who knows? Although I could still play, I don't think we can save the community anymore except for the "regulars".

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
dingo

dingo

Nicko wrote:
  dr34dn0ught wrote: i just found out bout the forums today n i've been playing for the last 2 months lol

That's exactly what you were saying Sphink. Sadly I've had this thought too, and not just me I think. Sometimes the only community we seem to have revolves around our small group of friends, it's fun for sure, but it gets really annoying not to see anyone else talk...

Maybe Uniwar is dead? Who knows? Although I could still play, I don't think we can save the community anymore except for the "regulars".

Time to release UW2 imo. Then again I haven't been able to properly play a game in months due to using an Android device and UW doesn't seem to want to play friendly on anything aside a 320x480 resolution screen.
thethanx

thethanx

I actually posted something in "feature requests" awhile back about this... TONS OF PEOPLE STILL PLAY UNIWAR!... or at least I think so, the forums are just soooo inaccessable from mobile devices. I find them to be slow and hard to use. I fee llike a fairly easy solution would be a mobile web friendly version of the forums and a damn link at the start screen that says "Check out the Uniwar forums- Click Here!" (Ok it could probably say something less stupid, but you get the idea)

Seriously, is it so hard to format a a website/forum for mobile users such as android/ipod users? I feel like the only thing better would be actually interfacing it so that you could visit the forums all without having to ever leave Uniwar... Cmon Dev's, let's make something happen with this place.
[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

haha me too! this is mt second post for the day, and i have been playing for like 4 months XD

you scruffy lookin' nerf herder.

help mr.green take over the world! copy and paste this in your sig to help him gain world domination!!!!
Sphink

Sphink

I agree with everything thethanx just said. I exclusivly use my iPhone for viewing/posting in the forms, and it's a little bit tricky. First you have to view the whole site, not the mobile version. You can't press the "back" button, you have to navigate using the menus (I just click the "recent topics" button). So it's a little bothersome but not impossable. Some people that I have told to go to the forums said their device does not support the format or something, which I see as a problem considering this is a mobile platform game.

A button on the home screen would be awesome. So instead of directing them to uniwar.com )where some users have trouble getting to the forums) you could just click a button on your homescreen, type in your user name and password, and have instant access to the forums hassle free. And it would be very simple to direct users to them.

Ps. Welcome to the forums dr34dn0ught and MuRLoCK!

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

xxx

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25, 2010 18:08

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Or you could use the web like any normal person and use a computer...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

No I can't
My computers not setup yet
And we don't have a router yet-old one broke
And when it does get setup and we do get a new one, this is
More convenient

Sorry if i offended you
timx74

timx74

Help, i cant get inro my account on uniwar. Thw game dont even recognize me now even though i just got the infinite undo turns. Someone help i sont know what to do
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

@timx74: Not really the right place for it. Try uninstalling then reinstalling the game on your device. Failing that either email support@uniwar.com or start your own thread.

On the topic, I think Uniwar has a loyal and active community, though quite small.
First I'd like to address the forum advertising issue. In my version (Beta 1.12.11) though has been there for a long while, when I press the community button (3rd button, with 2 people and a +) then the 4th menu item is Forum. Pressing this opens the forum in my selected browser on my device (which I currently have as Chrome). The forum works fine there. There are some minor niggles, but that is more to do with Chrome than this forum. Also I have used Firefox and Dolphin (they have different niggles). In all cases though the forum works fine and I have regularly posted from my phone.
Would the Forum button be better/more visible under the chat menu? i.e. the chat button has 2 options Live Chat and Forum. Maybe. But it is there already.

Secondly, though this forum is quite slow and the numbers of active participants are quite small, there are regulars. Simsverd, Master Yoda, Impaler, Duansk, to name but a few. These forums are also monitored regularly by the devs so posts are often commented on by them.

Lastly, this is a niche game. Apparently turn based war games with a huge amount of depth, designed to be played over months does not appeal to the masses (who'd have thought!). However the people it does appeal to tend to stick around and often spend a modest amount of real money on it, I've been playing constantly since I joined in Jan 2016.

Also if you do want more of the social side of Uniwar then there are some Kik forums run independently by Master Yoda, PM him in game for details.

*** I just realised that timx74 resurrected a post from 2010 ***

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 29, 2017 09:56

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
keymaster2

keymaster2

i don't think uniwar is 'dead'. there are a few games i am currently playing where people chat.
Forum Index » General Discussion