[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Anyone use plague?
Forum Index » Khraleans
lawhawk

lawhawk

I have never used plague even once. I always prefer to infect Marines rather than plague. Does anyone use plague? What's the best way to do it?
thethanx

thethanx

I´ve used it on very small tight maps where the sap player doesn´t have much room to move around. It´s great if you can keep it spreading, like on 4 neighbors... Otherwise, I rarely risk an infector for the infection, especially if I can´t defend it afterwards. The little bastards are expensive.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I read this elsewhere on the forum, but a good strategy is to infect one of your opponent's marines, then plague it, and send it right in the middle of your enemy's lines. Try it sometime......it actually works, and you don't need to risk you infector!

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
charnal

[Avatar]
charnal

The forum is called plague bombing, I think. nfong, are you gonna be a khralean player now? We'd love you have you in our camp for when the wars start.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 24, 2010 16:14

The most dangerous enemy is the one nobody fears
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

hmmm.....charnal that sounds tempting....
to tell the truth, i probably play krahls and titans an equal amount......i barely play saps.........
I still don't understand those humans............their tanks are weak, their helis are weak, their batteries are weak..........
But I do like the marines!

[Avatar]
charnal

[Avatar]
charnal

I agree that the tanks and battery are dumb, but the helicopter is still powerful, even if it only repairs one per turn. The plague cancels it out, so the threat is basically neutralized.

The marine is the best basic unit, stat-wise. It doesn't have a special abilty like the other two do, so it's not the best in my opinion. I think it would be interesting to see it get a special ability, though I cannot imagine what it would be, nor do I neccessarily want to find out.

thethanx

thethanx

I have to disagree... neither tanks NOR Batteries are dumb... In fact I don't believe there are dumb units, only units that people don't know how to use efficiently.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

@charnal......
3 marines on rocks/mountains can kill a heli........or a marine and two marauders.....
Helis are strong offensively, but weak defensively.

[Avatar]
charnal

[Avatar]
charnal

But to kill a heli with Khralean units, do I just spam swarmers and garudas, then? Khrals have flying units but suck at killing flying units. Wyrms are good for that, though, I guess.

[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

I don't see why people say wyrms are good for killing helis..I mean they are, but I in the beginning if you both get 500, and thy build a heli...you can't get a wyrm..but if you still could, then a good player wouldn't just send it out to hit the heli, for it's low defense...or would this be a good idea? If you can manage to make the wyrm get first hit on the heli, then having it(the heli) strike back, but doing significantly less damage than it would, for the heli is already damaged? But besides that, the cheapest way to defend it is two spyders in front, although that totals to 750, vs the 500 heli, although the wyrm and friends would clearly win in a fight...

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nixflix wrote: I don't see why people say wyrms are good for killing helis..I mean they are, but I in the beginning if you both get 500, and thy build a heli...you can't get a wyrm..but if you still could, then a good player wouldn't just send it out to hit the heli, for it's low defense...or would this be a good idea? If you can manage to make the wyrm get first hit on the heli, then having it(the heli) strike back, but doing significantly less damage than it would, for the heli is already damaged? But besides that, the cheapest way to defend it is two spyders in front, although that totals to 750, vs the 500 heli, although the wyrm and friends would clearly win in a fight...

I'm confused.......but then again, I do get confused easily...

[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

charnal wrote: But to kill a heli with Khralean units, do I just spam swarmers and garudas, then? Khrals have flying units but suck at killing flying units. Wyrms are good for that, though, I guess.

If you compare a garuda's and heli's stats, they're not very different. A garuda backed up by two swarmers can easily finish off a heli.

thethanx

thethanx

@nix
I think it's totally dependant on who gets first strike...
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

Thethx that's my point
But even if your wyrm does get first strike, how much would it do..enough to null the helis next attack?
How much doesss it have against aerial units, I may test this out

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

ya i think wyrms can do 6 to a heli.
that should be enough, since a 4 heli is pretty weak and will prbly get killed by the wyrm if the heli attacks the wyrm.

correction: wyrms probably do more like 4 damage to a heli, so I dunno how good a 6 heli is a against a wyrm.

but eclipses do 6 dmge against a heli.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 29, 2010 14:41

Forum Index » Khraleans