[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Speed chess (Uniwar)
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
charnal

[Avatar]
charnal

I think it would be cool to have a setting on a game where it's like speed chess. Where each player has, say, an hour to make all their moves. Not necessarily a timer (like when you skip people because they're at zero), but I don't know how they would co-exist.

What I imagine, though, is that when it's your turn, the speed timer has not started until you click on the game. A message pops up, blanking all the screen and battlefield until you confirm you want to start your turn. That's when the tiemr starts. You have to take a look around and take all your moves, then end your turn. Then your speed timer stops and stays where it was when you stopped.

Does anybody think this would work? Or should we just stick with ten minute games?

The most dangerous enemy is the one nobody fears
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Basically, with that system, the other player won't run out of time until he makes one move? I'm sure you play uniwar a lot, and for that matter you should know that you don't take a whole hour to make just one turn, right?

But you got me thinking, and I came up with an idea. It's kinda based on your "chess" idea, and it goes like this:
Every player starts out with a set of units. In the game, there is absolutely no bases and no credits (they may still be some medi centers though). So as we both start off with this powerful force (of equal power for each of one mind you), then you start to battle.
That could be really interesting, since it would mean that losing an unit, even a cheap one, can be dramatic.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » New Feature Request