[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Any advice from Sapiens rated 2000+ beat Titans on Wild P?
Forum Index » Sapiens
Do Titans have an advantage vs. Sapiens on Wild Plains?
Yes 71% [ 5 ]
No 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Either I'm not figuring something out or I think Titans have a definite advantage on this map due to the ability to block the middle square with a plasma tank and start accumulating walkers and sieging my bases from long range....
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Make sure you got constantly a marauder or a marine near one of their bases right at the beginning, to give some pressure and to delay that nasty walker. Once you've done that, have an engineer and a battery as soon as you can to take out the possible plasma tank coming and to keep the middle clear.
Now you can build some tanks to protect the battery and start making your attack on the 3 possible fronts.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I'm not rated 2000+, but I have to say that you should take advantage of the Titan's little mobility. A titans player can only bring one ground heavy unit over at a time, since the other middle hexes are all mountains. And like Nicko said, have some batteries and engineers ready to destroy whatever is coming down the middle. and also pressure their bases, like Nicko said again.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

If I said it all, then why are you posting?

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

well I wanted dr. pepper to keep in mind the titan's slowness.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

I'll experiment with being a little more aggressive early on and see what that does for me. Once Titans get position with walkers, it's very hard to win...
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I agree, and with the sapiens offensive capabilities it would be down right stupid not to be the one to attack in the first 5 rounds or sooner.

Wandering...
lion3

lion3

dr. pepper wrote: Either I'm not figuring something out or I think Titans have a definite advantage on this map due to the ability to block the middle square with a plasma tank and start accumulating walkers and sieging my bases from long range....

You can try all kinds of tricks, but I am fairly sure a good Titan player will always beat Sapiens on this map. Same thing for the Great Wall map.

Hachiman

Hachiman

In my experience an expert Titan player playing red should always win vs Sapiens on this map.

Against a lesser player, a fast marauder / Marine / engineer rush will work.
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Makes me feel a bit better. I'm going to avoid playing Titans on this map going forward. I'm sure it's possible to win as Sapiens vs. a very good Titans player but seems to be very difficult if the Titans player does a slow buildup to protected walkers. Their range is very difficult to nullify on this map...
Forum Index » Sapiens