[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Do Saps always beat Khrals?
Forum Index » Sapiens
lion3

lion3

On non-naval maps (no ships), I believe that Sapiens always beat Khrals. I think this is true for every single map.
If anyone thinks I am wrong, then please pick a map and send me a game invite and try to beat me with you playing Khrals and me playing Saps.

If you are ranked about the same as me, please make it a rated game, otherwise keep it non-rated.

lion3

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 30, 2010 13:57

dr. pepper

dr. pepper

I personally find it very difficult to beat Khrals who go first on Green Valley as Saps. Do you consistently win that matchup?
lion3

lion3

dr. pepper wrote: I personally find it very difficult to beat Khrals who go first on Green Valley as Saps. Do you consistently win that matchup?

Good point. Green Valley is a "gotcha" map with a setup that allows Khrals to block the initial base caps. Its not a real battle on that map, just a trick. What I meant was that Saps always win when you have a normal map where a real fight develops, not a "gotcha" map.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I doubt that saps will always beat krahls.
highly doubtful.
highly.
highly.

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
Hachiman

Hachiman

I agree Saps always beat Khrals on typical land only maps. Some unusual maps are exceptions.

Heli's + Marine's just beat the crap out of Garuda + Swarmers. It needs fixing, if the devs still care.
[Avatar]
Nixflix

[Avatar]
Nixflix

3 spyders that pop out of the ground and hit a plasma tank will do good damage or kill it, depebdig on the terrain, but that doesn't need fixing
If you target marines with swarmers and helis with garudas, with an infector back on safety, you should be fine

Sorry if i offended you
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Nixflix wrote:
If you target marines with swarmers and helis with garudas, with an infector back on safety, you should be fine

Exactly! good call, nixflix, good call.
There's no way that saps could beat krahls on every map...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01, 2010 10:32

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I invited you, I'm not saying one game will determine the solution but I want to experiment

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
thethanx

thethanx

I agree with Nix, there are plenty of maps where khrals beat saps on land maps. Sure, if they only spawn Garuda's you're likely to win every time, but a smart khral player backs up his swarmers and garudas with pinzers and wyrms... so that marines and choppers can't just walk all over them.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Don't forget the stingers, thethanx!

lion3

lion3

thethanx wrote: I agree with Nix, there are plenty of maps where khrals beat saps on land maps. Sure, if they only spawn Garuda's you're likely to win every time, but a smart khral player backs up his swarmers and garudas with pinzers and wyrms... so that marines and choppers can't just walk all over them.

On which maps do you think Khrals beat Saps?
Maybe you want to prove your point by sending me some game invites?
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

If you beat me on ours, I'd like to try on starvation too, they have a pretty good chance.
But a map where I never got a defeat to the hands of khraleans as saps was laguna niguel, dunno why if it's just me or the map though...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Hachiman

Hachiman

Nixflix wrote: 3 spyders that pop out of the ground and hit a plasma tank will do good damage or kill it, depebdig on the terrain, but that doesn't need fixing

Mostly you need four.

Also, I disagree. On average land maps (sparse / medium terrain, 100 credits per base, 300 income, medium size) Khrals will pretty much always beat Titans (and Titans will beat Saps) - and that SHOULD be fixed.

As always, there are exceptions, but those exceptions aren't really balanced either. You could say it is part of the game, knowing what race to choose on what maps, but in reality these seem to mean that many maps have an insurmountable advantage to one side - either the first player always wins with a certain race (eg Green Valley), or the second player always wins if they know which race to pick against which (eg Wild Plains).
Sphink

Sphink

This is off topic but I play all three races and recently I've just been choosing the same race as my opponet and banking on "outplaying" them. If you play the same race as your opponet it's more of a game of taking andvantage of everything you can and capitalizing on your opponets misstakes. It's an even match up besides the part where player 1 or 2 has the advantage by either moving first or starting with more credits.

Just thought I'd state my opinion on the matter even though it has nothing to do with beating K with S.

Good luck, Have fun!

My biased opinions are open-minded.
-Sphink
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Well looks like I got humiliated xD
But I think there are several reasons, first, you seem to be better than me lion3.
Secondly, I hqve been playing like crap recently, I should probably take a break.
Thirdly, this has nothing to do with you and me but I think all the opinions exposed here are subjective. It must depend heavily on the players play style and not solely on specs of the units.

So yeah, good call Sphink, playing like that reveals what I just said.

Wandering...
Forum Index » Sapiens