[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
How do you beat Titans with Saps?
Forum Index » Sapiens
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

I've played around 10-15 saps vs titans games, with me as saps, and I've only won around 3 of them.
How do you attack Titans with saps? The helis are no good against the plasmas and eclilpses, and the sap's tank is horrible compared to a plasma. Is rushing the only way to catch the titans off guard? and if it is, then that means saps have no chance against titans on big maps...

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
lion3

lion3

nfong wrote: I've played around 10-15 saps vs titans games, with me as saps, and I've only won around 3 of them.
How do you attack Titans with saps? The helis are no good against the plasmas and eclilpses, and the sap's tank is horrible compared to a plasma. Is rushing the only way to catch the titans off guard? and if it is, then that means saps have no chance against titans on big maps...

Its not easy, but Saps can beat Titans on maps where the bases are spread out (so the Titan player cannot Turtle).
The specifics depend on the map and on what the Titan player does, but here are some general guidelines:

1) Forget about Helis. They are almost useless against Titans. The only time I use them is to try and reach a far away Walker that is hiding in the back.

2) Engineers and EMP are your best friend. Use them a lot. Try to set up your engineers for a chain of multiple EMP hits one turn after the other.

3) The basic idea is to create attacks on multiple Titan bases at the same time. The Titans do not have enough money or mobility to defend several bases simultaneously.

4) Use tanks with engineers behind them to fight PT's. Let the PT attack your tank first, then EMP, and heal your tank. Next turn hit the PT from multiple sides with gangup bonuses.

5) Use Marauders long range to target multiple bases at the same time. If there are 2 Titan bases that are fairly far apart, and you have an engineer and several marines in range of each of those bases. Build a Marauder that can reach them both. This often means the Titan player needs a PT on both bases to defend them.

6) Make sure to attack early and never give the Titan player time to build up his defenses.

The perfect map for trying all this is Starvation. I almost always beat Titans on this map using Saps.
Good Luck.
[Avatar]
nfong

[Avatar]
nfong

Thanks for the tips, lion3. Starvation is a perfect map for those tips since the saps can capitalize on the titan's low mobility...
But on maps like Thermo, where it's so stretched out, I don't think saps have much of a chance...do you agree?

I guess that goes for all of the lengthy maps...

When life gives you lemons...

"TAKE YOUR DAMN LEMONS BACK, LIFE. I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKIN' LEMONS."
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Sapiens are awesome, you just gotta know how to play them. Khraleans are getting less and less my favored race...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
dr. pepper

dr. pepper

Tanks, engineers, batteries, and marauders depending on titans unit composition....
[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

[Avatar]
MuRLoCk

haha ncie tips there lion. i usually dont use saps, they are actually my least favorite, cause i never use em. i use titans on large maps, and khraleans on small ones. and saps... not so much. XD

but i will try and use them more.

you scruffy lookin' nerf herder.

help mr.green take over the world! copy and paste this in your sig to help him gain world domination!!!!
Solitary

Solitary

This topic is becoming of more interest recently as I found a few titans roughly the same ranking as me and have been taking a beating from all of them xD. Hopefully I'll have a strategy up soon for dead monk but trialing the build I used against nfong (without the premature attack) I think it actually doesn't even survive the opening with accurate play from a tian. By monday I hope to be back with a strategy at least for that map >.<.

Hopefully my answer will not be just to switch to titans :p.
Forum Index » Sapiens